60 mph + 16 ft boats + choppy water

Sam1647545489

If i pick up a Speedster 200, well have to run em :D

^^^^THAT^^^^ right there is a tight ass boat!

430HP w/ 7 Pass = fuckin AWESOME!!!!!

I can't believe how Sea-Doo Boats have taken off. I remember when the concepts were leaked....quite a folks taled shit about them. They have DEFINATELY filled a niche market with the younger crowd. The aftermarket is decent too!

KillJoy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also looking at the 20 ft sea doo speedster. I have been reading 72 mph gps on the lake out of the box with the twin 215 motors. Cant beat that. I assume with pulleys, intakes and different impellors I would think 90 mph is no problem...

I am also looking at the 20 ft sea doo speedster. I have been reading 72 mph gps on the lake out of the box with the twin 215 motors. Cant beat that. I assume with pulleys, intakes and different impellors I would think 90 mph is no problem...

BOOOOOOOOOSTED and SPRAYED!

I want a boat next year.

Which Lake?

Local??? Or Alum Creek?

I know several guys play out on Buckeye Lake. Early morning (even as late as 8-9) they say it is GLASS! However, out there...you gotta deal with the rednecks w/ the hopped up bass boats that do 80+!

KillJoy

Which Lake?

Local??? Or Alum Creek?

I know several guys play out on Buckeye Lake. Early morning (even as late as 8-9) they say it is GLASS! However, out there...you gotta deal with the rednecks w/ the hopped up bass boats that do 80+!

KillJoy

Hopped up? Dude, a 300hp out board will take a shallow draft hull like that and make it do 90 easy. its all about trimming it on its ass.

Hopped up? Dude, a 300hp out board will take a shallow draft hull like that and make it do 90 easy. its all about trimming it on its ass.

Yup. I agree. I have only been on ONE hopped up bass boat. According to his GPS, it was at 83. Hence, 80+. I have NO DOUBT them boys out there go faster! I was scared as hell as it was! I swear the only part of that damn boat that was in the water was the prop!

High speed fishin at it's best!

:thumbup:

KillJoy

I wonder what would happen if you built a common intake manifold and attached a big single to it... :D oh the ideas i already have :lol:

Yup. I agree. I have only been on ONE hopped up bass boat. According to his GPS, it was at 83. Hence, 80+. I have NO DOUBT them boys out there go faster! I was scared as hell as it was! I swear the only part of that damn boat that was in the water was the prop!

High speed fishin at it's best!

:thumbup:

KillJoy

Thats called propwalk... and its very easy to lose a prop that way, as well as blowing the motor. If the hull jumps up, and the prop leaves the water, the motor over revs as wells as stops getting water into the motor... but the bad part is the prop hitting the water at high RPM... youll drop it, and the drive in a heartbeat. Thats why race boats have throttle men and they are constantly on and off the throttle.

Thats called propwalk... and its very easy to lose a prop that way, as well as bowing the motor. If the hull jumps up, and the prop leaves the water, the motor over revs as wells as stops getting water into the motor... but the bad part is the prop hitting the water at high RPM... youll drop it, and the drive in a heartbeat. Thats why race boats have throttle men and they are constantly on and off the throttle.

I know. Just going for the drama :(

Soo...you got a boat, or just a wisher too?

KillJoy

I know. Just going for the drama :(

Soo...you got a boat, or just a wisher too?

KillJoy

Well my family have been hardcore boaters for decades, and ive been heavy into boats for about 20yrs... i learned to ski when i was 5 and started riding waverunners at 12. Im into my mid 20s now and im ready for a boat of my own to tool around on. Hopefully i can pick one up next year.

Well my family have been hardcore boaters for decades, and ive been heavy into boats for about 20yrs... i learned to ski when i was 5 and started riding waverunners at 12. Im into my mid 20s now and im ready for a boat of my own to tool around on. Hopefully i can pick one up next year.

I attempted to ski once. I drank a LOT of the Ohio River!!

I glow now :D

KillJoy

CR's boat crew is going to get a lot bigger from the sounds of it...

I can see it now.....In about 2 years the AMC boys are going to come back in speedboats with a "who owns your waters" thread.

That would be really cool... get a big groupe of us boaters together and take a trip for a weekend to like Cumberland or Dale Hollow. If we go to Cumberland, we put in at State Dock, and go up Harmon creek to the best cove on that damn lake... and after going there for the last 17yrs, i know a good portion of it very well.

That would be really cool... get a big groupe of us boaters together and take a trip for a weekend to like Cumberland or Dale Hollow. If we go to Cumberland, we put in at State Dock, and go up Harmon creek to the best cove on that damn lake... and after going there for the last 17yrs, i know a good portion of it very well.

Been goin there for the last couple yrs. Cumberland is the shit but I hear the lake is pretty low right now. There is no 76 falls right now. :( I have a question for you. Is there a way to spray the air intake of these rotax motors with a small shot of nitrous without hurting anything.