Hdmi....?

Putty

OK....Does this connection go to my TV or from the cable box to a receiver? My TV has a DVI connection where I know I can do HDMI to DVI....If I did this...Does it mean I can go from the box to my TV or do I still need to use a receiver? Does it go coax from wall to cable box, HDMI from cable box to whatever? Never had digital cable so I dont know.

Oddly enough, my TVs picture is better with S-Video than it is with RGB component.

If your TV looks better on S-video than RGB, you probably have something setup wrong.

If your receivor is HDCP compatiable, you can run HDMI from the cable box to the receivor, then an HDMI to DVI cable from the receivor to the TV. If it's not HDCP compatiable, then just run a HDMI to DVI cable to the TV, and an optical cable from the box to the receivor (or a RCA cable from the digital coax jack of the cable box to the digital coax input of the receivor).

You know....I think it is the TV. Lastnight I took a DVD player, bought a new RGB cable and that is the only thing I connected. The pic looked like shet. I have been running it using S-video since I got it and it looks really good with DVDs....regular cable, not so much. I need to test the DVI connection to see how it looks. My receiver is not compatible with that tech, so i'd have to get a new one. Here is the tube...

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/Ridepix/DSC01835.jpg