dyno day videos

Twistedrx7

I would stop by joe but...well...i cant drive right now...

I just got back from Cinci, and by back, I mean to my office. I will be in and out of town the next few weeks. Other wise I would try to get them to you.

We'll work out a way to get the vids to you. You never called me back from the other day, so I assume you are all set with what you called for? Call me or shoot me a PM.

Shawn I will look into that a little later. thanks

yeah kinda joe i was just going to talk to you to see if you knew anything about saturday? if you had anymore information on things, or what you had heard from people. I talked with max and got his side of things.

Its just been really crazy. Now its time to come up with 3500-4000 bucks for a lawyer.

JP no i want more power. but unless i do a streetport and single turbo im not going to get much more outta the twins unless i up the boost to like 14 psi or so.

The lawyer thing is about what happened after the dyno day. and being arrested.

JP no i want more power. but unless i do a streetport and single turbo im not going to get much more outta the twins unless i up the boost to like 14 psi or so.

The lawyer thing is about what happened after the dyno day. and being arrested.

Lies, talk to Carl. He's running deep into the 12's with his stock twins... at least thats what i got out of our conversation at Neofest last year.

Lies, talk to Carl. He's running deep into the 12's with his stock twins... at least thats what i got out of our conversation at Neofest last year.

Is this anything like you saying something came out of my exhaust and stuck in your inter cooler?

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue

His car spit flames out when I was behind him, a scary moment.

Quote:

Originally posted by SPLN SUX

It spit apex seals at me... or what ever the little metalic redhot flakes were... i actully found some of it in my intercooler... it looked like little burnt bits of aluminum foil.

The closest you have been to my car, was parking next to it last weekend at QSL.

1)Jake is talking psi and you are talking quarter mile times. Where the hell are you coming from?

2) "Talk to Carl". Have you talked to Carl? He has been off that set up about a year. "He's running" a single now.

Your post is just you throwing what you think you know out there and being off topic. It's post like yours that get threads off topic and turn into gossip columns.

Thats cool-I assumed you were on stock twins.

Local guy went 11.6's on stock twins, but I cant comment on his other mods. Thats obviously balls to the walls boos though, and I know not everyone is comfortable running their cars like that (especially sporting a rotary motor!)

Is this anything like you saying something came out of my exhaust and stuck in your inter cooler?

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue

His car spit flames out when I was behind him, a scary moment.

Quote:

Originally posted by SPLN SUX

It spit apex seals at me... or what ever the little metalic redhot flakes were... i actully found some of it in my intercooler... it looked like little burnt bits of aluminum foil.

The closest you have been to my car, was parking next to it last weekend at QSL.

1)Jake is talking psi and you are talking quarter mile times. Where the hell are you coming from?

2) "Talk to Carl". Have you talked to Carl? He has been off that set up about a year. "He's running" a single now.

Your post is just you throwing what you think you know out there and being off topic. It's post like yours that get threads off topic and turn into gossip columns.

This is not going to be a hate post. Just a rebutel.

I was actully behind you and John when you ran. Then i was behind you again when you and Steve ran. And THAT is when your exhaust turned red hot, and little bits of something, also red hot, came fluttering out of your muffler. And i did find bits of it in my intercooler. I was less than 50ft behind you when this happend. I was there, i saw it happen, and if the guy racing around in the beater was paying attention, he may have seen it to. It looked like little bits of burnt foil... it couldve been redhot flakes of carbon from the inside of the exhaust or anything like that... but it did happen, and it was there.

As for the talk to Carl statement... i did state that it was last year when i had talked to him, and my point was that the stock twins are more than capable of propelling that car deep deep into the 12's, or even 11's, simply because i recall Carl saying that he could have gone much quicker, but he was pussy footing it off the line because he didnt want to break anything, and because it kept wanting to pop out of 2nd gear i believe it was.

My comments are of no illusion. They have meaning. Youre just reading the text for what it is and not understanding the content. Thats one thing i hate about reading... you cant read tone or context.

you can run 11's on like a big streetport motor, and twins probably boosting around 15 with ported turbos. Just have to have a proper tune.

very hard but im sure it could be done.

Its was on a stock port, no No2.

The right gas, and not being afraid to run more than 15psi makes magic happen. :cool:

you can run 11's on like a big streetport motor, and twins probably boosting around 15 with ported turbos. Just have to have a proper tune.

very hard but im sure it could be done.

11.83 @ 117 1.77 60ft, 15psi stock twins, race port, ET Streets, MCIR Aug 05. Almost entire Race Club was present. Ty had it on video.

Differential exploded on the next pass.

I ran 15-16psi all summer without smoking the turbos. Dyno'd in excess of 350rwhp. Ask Dr. Tilley how he liked lining up with me in his chipped, pullied, exhaust, and sprayed 03 Cobra.

11.83 @ 117 1.77 60ft, 15psi stock twins, race port, ET Streets, MCIR Aug 05. Almost entire Race Club was present. Ty had it on video.

Differential exploded on the next pass.

I ran 15-16psi all summer without smoking the turbos. Dyno'd in excess of 350rwhp. Ask Dr. Tilley how he liked lining up with me in his chipped, pullied, exhaust, and sprayed 03 Cobra.

I can confirm everything above.

There is much miscomunication between everybody and SPLN SUX. The point of the statement was Twisted says he can make more power on 14+lbs. Then Spln comes in and say yada yada yada you can go 12's on stock twins. For your information, you can go 12's all day long with minor bolt-ons. I have 3 13.00x passes @ 109.xx mph. My mods then only included an intake, full exhaust, clutch/flywheel, and PowerFC. Boost was at 12 lbs. Never had it on a dyno, but if I had to guess I think it would have made somewhere in the neighborhood of 240whp. Ohh, the point of my timeslips was that I was/and still am on shitty wal-mart all seasons. I am a shitty driver and was pulling 2.2-2.5 short times.

Point of my post, SPLN SUX, don't argue with rotary gurus. Period, they know more about what the car is capable of than you do. And don't say well so and so said this. That is what we on the internet, and in the game at life call GOSSIP.

Ty

I can confirm everything above.

There is much miscomunication between everybody and SPLN SUX. The point of the statement was Twisted says he can make more power on 14+lbs. Then Spln comes in and say yada yada yada you can go 12's on stock twins. For your information, you can go 12's all day long with minor bolt-ons. I have 3 13.00x passes @ 109.xx mph. My mods then only included an intake, full exhaust, clutch/flywheel, and PowerFC. Boost was at 12 lbs. Never had it on a dyno, but if I had to guess I think it would have made somewhere in the neighborhood of 240whp. Ohh, the point of my timeslips was that I was/and still am on shitty wal-mart all seasons. I am a shitty driver and was pulling 2.2-2.5 short times.

Point of my post, SPLN SUX, don't argue with rotary gurus. Period, they know more about what the car is capable of than you do. And don't say well so and so said this. That is what we on the internet, and in the game at life call GOSSIP.

Ty

I wasnt arguing with anyone? WTF are you guys reading? I dont care, what i typed wasnt gossip. It was all truth. And for the record, i never clamed to know anything about RX7s... just what i was told from RELIABLE sources, FIRST HAND.

Furthur more, didnt i even say, "talk to Carl...", insinuating that i didnt really know specifics, and was simply pointing him in the direction of someone who would?

My interpritation of this post:

Was that the car wasnt fast enough, and needed machine work to be so. My point was, Carl had a setup that was getting him some very nice times WITH the stock twins, and that he should talk to him before deciding to tear the engine apart.