Turbo Experts question.

thorne

I've always been told and seen dyno from the VW world to back this up. That the best possible exhaust is none(straight pipes). I've also always read that turbo cars don't need back pressure becasue the turbo is the back pressure.

We have a little debate going on in another thread regarding my exhaust change.

pulling tractors don't have full exhaust, neither do turbo drag cars. then again i don't see you out flowing 3 inch exhaust even with more upgrades on your car. if you think you have a problem you could put a subway tunnel under the car (4 inch pipe)

if you want your car to sound like an accordion in a hurricane...then go for the glass pack cherry bomb stuff you were mentioning in your other thread...

straight pipes suck..they might make an extra 10hp but they sound like fugly ugly...unless you are making MASSIVE amounts of power and running 30+psi...then just go with the standard 3"mp/cat-back.

I was not planning on changing the 3inch setup I was just trying to prove my point. That Turbo cars work best with Straight pipes. Thats all. I'm not going to do the cherry bomb. Right now I'm looking at a few options

It does sound pretty funny right now. I've got a rotary WRX

It is true that the best exhaust for a turbo car is no exhaust. The turbo will provide plenty of backpressure until it's in boost and by that time it doesn't matter either way. However with a stock turbo car such as yours (which i'm assuming you still have the stock up pipe as well) the exhaust size won't matter much beyond 2.5 inches unless you're going to be upgrading your turbo and significantly increasing your airflow.

Stock nope.

3inch up and down

mufflerless

I've got it pushing right around 17psi. Read my other thread fucking poeple insulting me I was pretty damn sure i had it right but I wanted the consensus of others.