Dyno numbers...................Aint sh*t.

neonkiller

Why do people get off on dyno numbers?....

Seems like people stress those numbers alot while trying to set up a race.

All I hear is Fuck man you make XXXX amount of power and thats way more than mine... Or you have this and I have this...

Jesus christ STFU and race. If you wanna get technical about it people start bitching and moaning about gears 355's 4 10's.... For fuck sake race your car and let your driving and car do the talking.

Discuss... Why are dyno numbers so Important...

Guest Wunna Dig Race
Ok one thing is power/weight ratio/gear ration is all about the name of the game..... If I make 500 rwhp and weigh 4200 pounds with 373 gear and you make 500 rwhp and weight 2900 pounds and a 456 gears im gonna loose unless something goes wrong

Why do people get off on dyno numbers?....

Seems like people stress those numbers alot while trying to set up a race.

All I hear is Fuck man you make XXXX amount of power and thats way more than mine... Or you have this and I have this...

Jesus christ STFU and race. If you wanna get technical about it people start bitching and moaning about gears 355's 4 10's.... For fuck sake race your car and let your driving and car do the talking.

Discuss... Why are dyno numbers so Important...

they sell parts and cars?

Ok one thing is power/weight ratio/gear ration is all about the name of the game..... If I make 500 rwhp and weigh 4200 pounds with 373 gear and you make 500 rwhp and weight 2900 pounds and a 456 gears im gonna loose unless something goes wrong

+1

thats why i have no prob talking shit most the time to some cars, I know with 4.30's 300whp and 3300 lbs I can beat 440whp marauders and 400 hp goats, plus I'll race anybody who cares if you win or lose? atleast you know.

I could see the dyno numbers selling products= Valid point

However just like the power to weight to gearing roll or dig. It almost has no point to know how much a car is worth during a race. Unless you can figure it out.

Almost like when people ask me how much boost I run..... Well unles you know my turbo size and what my internalls are you aint got a fucking clue.

I really do hate that when people generalize boost numbers in comparison to cars... Like I said if you dont know what size turbo you wont be able to tell in the first place.

spaceGhost I was intoxicated while posting my first post my bad..... Wanna Bud Light?....

buddy of mine has a trans am with a 502 in it and it puts 450 at the wheels but runs 10.80's with 3.73 and a 3900lbs car. kinda odd since on an engine dyno it puts out over 600, TCI told him with there stall converters you can't go by rwhp as it puts out fulse readings.

Dyno numbers mean nothing if your power curve is shitty.

Example: By the time the 700rwhp dyno queen gets too his sweet spot Linn (in a car with less power) has already taken his money..... true story.

Sorry but Linns car is always the best example for these threads. Even though I'm the fastest stock bottom LSX in Columbus ;)

Guest rushman
My car made 389 RWHP and ran 10.67 @ 127mph. Moreover that dyno at Brians t's was w/i 20 hp of passen's - Hate to say it - dynos are great for tuning but terrible to determine how fast your car will be in the quarter mile. Loik at some of the turbo import cars making 800+ hp but run 11,12, or 13 something. That car would kill my combo from 90mph on. However my car does 0-60 in 1.36 seconds. Thanks :)