2009 WERA Schedule

APCh8r

Alright so Sean/Mongo posted the WERA schedule for 2009 a few nights ago. Here is the schedule for our region.

North Central

5/2-3 Nelson Ledges Road Course, Garrettsville, OH-rs,

5/16-17 Grattan Raceway Park, Grattan, MI-cc, rs

6/20-21 BeaveRun Motorsports Park, Wampum, PA-rs,

7/4-5 Nelson Ledges Road Course, Garrettsville, OH-rs,

7/10-11 Grattan Raceway Park, Grattan, MI-c,N

8/6-9 WERA Cycle Jam at VIR, Alton, VA-

8/22-23 Grattan Raceway Park, Grattan, MI-c,rs,

9/5-6 BeaveRun Motorsports Park, Wampum, PA-rs,

9/26-27 Nelson Ledges Road Course, Garrettsville, OH-rs,

Key to Schedule Abbreviations

Counter Clockwise-cc, Clockwise-c, Double Points Round-D, Combined w/National-N, Pit Bull Motorcycle Stands-P, WERA Riders School-rs, Suzuki-S, Kawasaki-K, Yamaha-Y,

I want to hopefully go to the first nelson event and go to the rider's school to get my license. Is anyone else planning on running some of theses events next year.

Also has anyone heard any news on the rebuilding of nelson's facilities. I heard they were going to redo it completely. Haven't seen any pictures though. Lastly, why is there no Putnum or Mid-Ohio events?

if everything goes as planned i will be racing by the end of the year sometime. maybe run one of the rs event in july or aug. and do a full race event aug. sept. and yeah the fact that there is no mid-ohio or putnam is kinda crazy. i could understand mid-ohio because of the cost but no putnam?

Alright so Sean/Mongo posted the WERA schedule for 2009 a few nights ago. Here is the schedule for our region.

North Central

5/2-3 Nelson Ledges Road Course, Garrettsville, OH-rs,

5/16-17 Grattan Raceway Park, Grattan, MI-cc, rs

6/20-21 BeaveRun Motorsports Park, Wampum, PA-rs,

7/4-5 Nelson Ledges Road Course, Garrettsville, OH-rs,

7/10-11 Grattan Raceway Park, Grattan, MI-c,N

8/6-9 WERA Cycle Jam at VIR, Alton, VA-

8/22-23 Grattan Raceway Park, Grattan, MI-c,rs,

9/5-6 BeaveRun Motorsports Park, Wampum, PA-rs,

9/26-27 Nelson Ledges Road Course, Garrettsville, OH-rs,

Key to Schedule Abbreviations

Counter Clockwise-cc, Clockwise-c, Double Points Round-D, Combined w/National-N, Pit Bull Motorcycle Stands-P, WERA Riders School-rs, Suzuki-S, Kawasaki-K, Yamaha-Y,

I want to hopefully go to the first nelson event and go to the rider's school to get my license. Is anyone else planning on running some of theses events next year.

Also has anyone heard any news on the rebuilding of nelson's facilities. I heard they were going to redo it completely. Haven't seen any pictures though. Lastly, why is there no Putnum or Mid-Ohio events?

Last I heard the deal to buy Nelson fell through. Don't expect any improvements there any time soon.

WERA isn't at Mid-Ohio because of the flap surrounding the RRGC last year. I'm guessing it will be a long time before you see a Regional at Mid-Ohio. Its tooooo expensive.

I'm guessing there will NEVER be another WERA event at Putnam. Go to the WERA board and ask why.....:lol:

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=19858

Hope you have a few hours to read through it.

thank you twitch... i read the first page and got the jist of the whole thing and personally i think the whole situation is pure b.s. and people need to stop whining about little things. but it happens i guess.

thank you twitch... i read the first page and got the jist of the whole thing and personally i think the whole situation is pure b.s. and people need to stop whining about little things. but it happens i guess.

There's way more to it than just little things.

Missing money...all kinds of stuff. Lotta bad blood there.

from what it sounds like from the first post wera was in charge of keeping all he money? the only money issue there could possible be is if putnam messed up with recieving payments etc.? i dont know i am going to keep my mouth shut though b/c i dont feel like reading 28 pages of b.s. and i did not have any part in the decision anyway, nor can i change any ones mind at this point.

Look, no Putnam with WERA. Don't ask why, don't stay up late wondering - it isn't going to happen until Sean steps down at WERA or the guy at Putnam dies or something. End of story...

Sucks on our end as the last year we raced there in 2003 was the last time we'd get to do it with WERA.

Fasttrax runs there and the only time you'd get racing in. I'd suggest joining FT just to do so. I know it is the only venue I run with FT and will again in 09...

Look, no Putnam with WERA. Don't ask why, don't stay up late wondering - it isn't going to happen until Sean steps down at WERA or the guy at Putnam dies or something. End of story...

Sucks on our end as the last year we raced there in 2003 was the last time we'd get to do it with WERA.

Fasttrax runs there and the only time you'd get racing in. I'd suggest joining FT just to do so. I know it is the only venue I run with FT and will again in 09...

Hopefully FT gets a few more Putnam dates in 09 with some warmer weather. I herd it was snowing at last years date.

Hopefully FT gets a few more Putnam dates in 09 with some warmer weather. I herd it was snowing at last years date.

Yeah, FT needs to wake up and realize it is 2009 almost and think about getting in more members. Running Nelsons is going to end that club if they don't do something. I saw that a lot of grids are at most, 5 riders. That's totally sad...

More at Putnam would be helpful. Getting a putnam date early and even at the end would be awesome so you can learn, take notes and come back and get better. That's racing. But seeing the track once a year never seems to help because of things like you said - weather - being a factor a lot of times.

Putnam has been their largest amount of registered and post registered riders than any other venue they do. That should say something, but they don't seem to get it...

Yeah, FT needs to wake up and realize it is 2009 almost and think about getting in more members. Running Nelsons is going to end that club if they don't do something. I saw that a lot of grids are at most, 5 riders. That's totally sad...

More at Putnam would be helpful. Getting a putnam date early and even at the end would be awesome so you can learn, take notes and come back and get better. That's racing. But seeing the track once a year never seems to help because of things like you said - weather - being a factor a lot of times.

Putnam has been their largest amount of registered and post registered riders than any other venue they do. That should say something, but they don't seem to get it...

Dude....you know NONE of that is going to happen.

Fasttrax WAS a fun club to race with back in the day. Unfortunately I think it has outlived its usefulness.

There are plenty of trackday organizations now that caters to the people that were the typical new Fasttrax Racer, and for those that really really want to actually race, WERA's the only thing going.

Fasttrax has been on life support since 2003. Seriously, its time to pull the plug.

Dude....you know NONE of that is going to happen.

Fasttrax WAS a fun club to race with back in the day. Unfortunately I think it has outlived its usefulness.

There are plenty of trackday organizations now that caters to the people that were the typical new Fasttrax Racer, and for those that really really want to actually race, WERA's the only thing going.

Fasttrax has been on life support since 2003. Seriously, its time to pull the plug.

Oh, I know what you're saying. I've pitted myself against Todd up there to no results. He and his mom are looking through a set of glasses from circa 1999. They don't get it even though it could be MUCH better.

But, as usual, people cannot swallow pride and allow themselves to see what people are saying and think outside the box.

The only reason I wish well on their series is because of Putnam!:D

The only reason I wish well on their series is because of Putnam!:D

Putnam isn't going to keep it alive.

Marketing the series to the new racer, while keeping the old guard is probably the key. Reducing the number of classes, and not trying to accommodate EVERY one may be a start.

In the end, I'd be surprised if they can afford the bill at Nelson much longer.

Reading a thread on next years schedule yesterday, FT is waiting on return calls from Nelson, Putnam and the Beaver. I would not bet on anything new for the FT 2009 Season.

They do have decent SV650 classes.

I wonder if FT called Mid-Ohio?

But Seriously,

my dream schedule would be:

Putnam

Grattan

Beaver

Mid-o (I could live with 2 races there in one season)

Blue-Grass (assuming it is a good track)

Death Ledges (Just ONE round please with a track and facilities over hall)

Summit (I hear the drive is worth it)

Gingerman (herd conflicting stories, but I would give it a try)

But back to reality, the 2009 NC WERA schedule is not bad. Duno If I can make the cycle Jam at VIR.

Reading a thread on next years schedule yesterday, FT is waiting on return calls from Nelson, Putnam and the Beaver. I would not bet on anything new for the FT 2009 Season.

They do have decent SV650 classes.

I wonder if FT called Mid-Ohio?

But Seriously,

my dream schedule would be:

Putnam

Grattan

Beaver

Mid-o (I could live with 2 races there in one season)

Blue-Grass (assuming it is a good track)

Death Ledges (Just ONE round please with a track and facilities over hall)

Summit (I hear the drive is worth it)

Gingerman (herd conflicting stories, but I would give it a try)

But back to reality, the 2009 NC WERA schedule is not bad. Duno If I can make the cycle Jam at VIR.

If FT called Mid-Ohio, the only sound they would hear is laughter. Fasttrax helped run the RRGC there in 2002 and it was pretty well attended. I dont think they'd be able to get a crowd these days.

Fasttrax raced at Grattan a few times, but the turn out wasn't any better than at Nelson.

Beaver could be fun on a little bike, but its way too much work on a big one. Summit is fine, but I don't know that its worth the drive. I've been to Gingerman, but I wasn't real impressed. Its also a hell of a long drive - even from Northeast Ohio.

Fasttrax problem isn't the venues. Its the organization - or the lack there of. They run too many classes for a small organization, and a race day takes forever. Its a bit of a "good ole boys" type club, and if you aren't in it, well....you know.

When Fasttrax was started there were very few ways to get track time on a bike. Now, you could do a track day every weekend practically, and do it for less than the cost of being in the "club" and racing for a weekend. Until they realize this and "push the envelope" a bit, the grids will continue to decrease, and eventually it will be gone.

• 3 weeks later...