Downtime Tonight

excell

Chris, What type of server is CR running on?

It's on Linux-powered dual-redundant web and data server clusters. Web servers are Dell PowerEdge dual-CPU 1850's. Data servers are Dell PowerEdge dual-CPU 2850's behind high-availability firewalls and switches.

Any outages we've had since I moved it to our cluster earlier this year was the colo's fault. Hence the move. :)

However, we're getting ready to re-configure our web operation because of overwhelming demand. Any "legacy" applications we serve (READ: CR is a legacy application) will move to a single server which is a Dell PowerEdge dual-CPU 1850. We shouldn't notice a performance difference as CR will be the most resource-intensive application on this server. The other applications served are mostly static HTML or PHP pages with no active content. When I make that move I will probably upgrade the forum software at that time as well since I'll be doing 50% of the work anyway in the move. That should be a month or two away.