Accident last night

hot_wire

3AM last night:

Mom heard a loud motorcycle (likely crotchrocket) fly by our house in my quiet Clintonville neighborhood. She said that the bike revved three times as it zipped by (third gear) into the 90 degree, blind corner at the end of our street. According to her, there was a big WHOMP then the revving stopped. Three minutes later paramedics arrived on the scene with:

1 Fire truck

2 Ambulances

1 Heavy rescue truck

1 Hearse looking wagon

Of course, I slept through the whole thing (I think it's the cold medicine...)

This morning, I got the story from my mom. I went down the street to see if she was just making crap up. Sure enough, at the end of the road there was a fifteen foot skid mark through the gravel and straight into a MASSIVE pine tree. Judging by the damage to the tree, the rider's head is pretty messed up. From what I could tell, the rider stayed upright on his bike until he hit the tree - I would guess at about 40mph. Pieces of his bike lay all around the site along with some oil puddles. Couldn't find any blood. The blind corner was poorly marked, and the streetlight down there burnt out last week.

Do any of you know of the rider? Is he going to be okay?