WTB - 1/2" 321SS plate

SPLN SUX

Guest Ponyfreak

I have a lot of 321 bends but am not about to sell them.

You need to use mild steel for flanges as they do not warp as bad as 321 or 304. Use 309 rod to weld the mild steel to the 321 pipe and 347 rod to weld the 321 to 321. Always backpurge with 100% argon.

Guest Ponyfreak
you jsut went way over his head WAY over

Are you the "big" guy that was at Dynotune motorsports a month ago tuning the busa?

I have a lot of 321 bends but am not about to sell them.

You need to use mild steel for flanges as they do not warp as bad as 321 or 304. Use 309 rod to weld the mild steel to the 321 pipe and 347 rod to weld the 321 to 321. Always backpurge with 100% argon.

mild steal flanges seem to warp and crack worse than even 304, and 321 is is much more risiliant to fatiuge and cracking in high heat than 304... at least thats the experience i had with the Z24.

i was looking at Burns, as they are the most kick ass exhaust parts manufacturer ever. They are just so pricey though... i though ti might see if anyone had any extra scrap that they wated to get out of the garage.

mild steal flanges seem to warp and crack worse than even 304

Sorry, but I needed to correct this before anyone gets the wrong idea.

Mild steel is by far the best readily available material to make header flanges from. Cracking is not an issue with mild steel and potential to warp is much less than any of the stainless alloys.