Anyone have a wet saw?

mrblunt

I'm building a stone retaining wall around my grill and need some of them cut. Before I go rent one i'm hoping someone on here might have one.

Additionally, If anyone has experience laying pavers I could use a hand. Nearly all the work has been done to the point that I can lay the pavers I just want someone who's done this before to eye it and make sure i'm on the right page. The space i'm making is about 3' x 5' so its not a major job. Thx.

I wouldnt imagine it taking more than 2-3 hours to make a couple saw cuts. My base is 3 bricks (6"x9") deep and 5 wide. I plan on overlapping them so they will require cuts on every other row. It sounds pretty easy in theory. :) I can slide you some money for your time if you don't mind giving me some guidance.

I got 3 partner saw

Wanna buy some more?

- Husquvarna (Partner) K750 w/ free diamond blade (for cured concrete) - $749

or

- Stihl TS400 w/ free diamond blade (cured concrete) - $799

:D

Oh, and to the OP. We've got brick and paver saws (wet saw) for rent if you decide to go that route.

http://www.dynahoeequipment.com/

Wanna buy some more?

- Husquvarna (Partner) K750 w/ free diamond blade (for cured concrete) - $749

or

- Stihl TS400 w/ free diamond blade (cured concrete) - $799

:D

Oh, and to the OP. We've got brick and paver saws (wet saw) for rent if you decide to go that route.

http://www.dynahoeequipment.com/

750's are under powered. We use 1250's with 20'' blades. Do you guys rent the ringsaws?

750's are under powered. We use 1250's with 20'' blades. Do you guys rent the ringsaws?

750's work for the majority of contractors around here. Never had a request for anything bigger.

We also have a 950 that we rent (usually kept on a cart), as well as a couple larger Stihls that we sell (TS460 and another I can't remember).

We do not have a ring saw, though I'd like to get one. What we do have is a K650 cut-n-break. We just recently picked it up for our rental line, and have only rented it out, maybe 5 times, but it has gotten rave reviews. 16" cutting depth FTW.

Why?

Because if you slide it through on a tray, you won't get any of the twitching that you would by holding a handheld saw. ;) Not to mention they're setup to make cuts at certain angles. Not to say a handheld wouldn't work just fine. It's just my opinion that a brick and paver saw would do a better job.

750's work for the majority of contractors around here. Never had a request for anything bigger.

We also have a 950 that we rent (usually kept on a cart), as well as a couple larger Stihls that we sell (TS460 and another I can't remember).

We do not have a ring saw, though I'd like to get one. What we do have is a K650 cut-n-break. We just recently picked it up for our rental line, and have only rented it out, maybe 5 times, but it has gotten rave reviews. 16" cutting depth FTW.

What is a cut and break? 24'' chainsaw depth and 30'' blade depth FTW.

What is a cut and break? 24'' chainsaw depth and 30'' blade depth FTW.

http://us.husqvarnacp.com/node1552.aspx?nid=6070&pid=19981

^cut-n-break^

We've worked on a couple of the chainsaws for local guys. Fuck those for the rental business though. IIRC, the chains are like $700+ or something like that. Fuck that noise. Customers would fuck it up within 3 rentals anyways. Not to mention, but I think Partner requires special training before they will even sell that saw to you. So I'm not sure how that'd transfer over to the rental market.

This is the first war about concrete saws... :cool:

Lol, I came back to see 16 posts and was like WTF? Sam I'm hoping to get things done before a cookout friday night but if I can't we can talk out at the Lube Saturday evening.

definitely i second not using a partner saw. Use a wetsaw with a blade that can adjust up or down. Otherwise you will not be able to use the wetsaw very well. you will definitely need a 14" diamond blade. Do not use the carbon blades you will run through them very quickly.

As everyone has said do not use the partner saw to try and make percise cuts. Also When you make your cut make sure the cut is facing intowards the wall so that you do not see the cut concrete on the outside.

With your pavers you will want to run a string line so that when you lay your pavers you can go off of one line while you are laying them so your lines stay in uniform. When starting to lay them out go from one corner and work towards the next, also consider a little slope going down away from the house so that you do not have water sitting againest the house. usual slope is 1/8 to 1/4 inch. laying pavers is not as easy as it seems.

you will need some base-#411 atleast 4 inches deep

screens- #9's 1 inch deep

You will want to pick up atleast one 1 " pole so that you can layout your 9's overtop of your #411.

Also you will need a compactor to compact the #411's so your pavers do not move.

Again, I use a partner saw to cut decorative joints in concrete. I also use them to cut precise door and window openings in concrete walls. A partner saw in the proper hands can cut very precise.

Quoted for the truth. Its easy to cut things nicely with a partner saw if you know how to run one.

Guest LSWON333
Stihl is the best Ive run out of partner and stihl and one other that sunbelt has. I bought the ts400 two years ago and have probably had 20,000 cuts with it. Reliable as hell except for the damn cord breaks all the time. Have to have a good blade too. I need a compactor though. Anyone have one for cheap.??

Stihl is the best Ive run out of partner and stihl and one other that sunbelt has. I bought the ts400 two years ago and have probably had 20,000 cuts with it. Reliable as hell except for the damn cord breaks all the time. Have to have a good blade too. I need a compactor though. Anyone have one for cheap.??

:bs: