FS: Warmest boots in the world

Science Abuse

Nope sorry the warmest boots ever are my Gore-Tex lined combat boots, my feet sweat in -10* weather in those things.

Nope, way off. -10 is pussy Ohio weather anyways. ;)

Gore Tex is but a single layer in the whole system that is these boots. Hell, My columbia winter hiking books have kept my feet warm in wind chills of -50*, these boots kick their ass, yours just suck. :p

These boots are made for the coldest places in the world. Beck Weathers is a name to look up. Left for dead twice on Mt Everest, he spent a night totaly exposed and unconsious. He lost his hands and most of his face to frostbite, his feet remained in pristene condition in these boots. ;) Opening bid ia about half of retail price, you can't lose! :D

BTW, you're feet sweating in cold weather is NOT a good thing. You can get threnchfoot if you keep moving, frostbite if you stop. Wear less socks and for gods sake don't put anything cotton on.

Just busting your chops, I see these things have a gore-tex liner in them though. All I know is my boost keep my feet nice a toasty and probably have half the insulation that these do, and I wear the proper boot socks to keep my feet dry. In the winter I double up with thin moisture removing sock liners.

Just to let you know, the winters here in South Dakota are pretty harsh, may not get a whole lotta snow, but -10 thru -30 temps plus whatever wind chill we may get on that day, and this place gets WINDY, I think we had near -40 or so windchills on numerous occasions.

Just to let you know, the winters here in South Dakota are pretty harsh, may not get a whole lotta snow, but -10 thru -30 temps plus whatever wind chill we may get on that day, and this place gets WINDY, I think we had near -40 or so windchills on numerous occasions.

Beleive me, I'm familiar. If you ever feel like napping outside on a record breaking night, these are the footies for you. ;) These boots are probably the most popular that you'll find on Denali/McKinley climbs, the coldest recorded/extrapolated temp there to date is -148*F. It probably gets colder, but no one is there to record it, or lives to tell about it. :)

Goretext isn't an insulator, so much as it is a tough means of stopping wind. If it weren't for the abraisive nature of climbing, these wouldn't need the Gore Tex at all.

I had a pair of Danners that I wore when I was at MT. Fuji. It was wet and windy and around -5 + wind chill. It was 2:30am and I was waiting in an ambush for over an hour laying in the snow. It was the most miserable experience to get/be warm I have ever encountered, to this day. My legs were numb and I did not think I would be able to move when the ambush was initiated. My upper body was a wreck from the wind and wet. My shivers were like small earth quakes and I thought I was going to give away our position. My hands were fucked beyond belief. All this and my feet were warm and cozy.

Free bump. Nice boots Eric.

I had a pair of Danners that I wore when I was at MT. Fuji. It was wet and windy and around -5 + wind chill. It was 2:30am and I was waiting in an ambush for over an hour laying in the snow. It was the most miserable experience to get/be warm I have ever encountered, to this day. My legs were numb and I did not think I would be able to move when the ambush was initiated. My upper body was a wreck from the wind and wet. My shivers were like small earth quakes and I thought I was going to give away our position. My hands were fucked beyond belief. All this and my feet were warm and cozy.

Free bump. Nice boots Eric.

Thanks for the bump. Did they let you guys top out on Fuji? That's a grueling mountain, you start so close to sea level. It's allot like our Rainier.

We never made it very far up there. We spent most of our time in training area's that were toward the base. I was there 5 weeks and when we did get time off, I went to Tokyo. I was in the subway station 1 hour before it was gassed in 1995. They called us back to camp and we ran patrols for 4 days on the other side of the mountain from our camp. On a tip that the group that had done the gassing was hiding out in that area. We saw no one.

Another time while laying in the defense in the prone, we had a 3.7 earth quake. Everyone one was just looking at each other, like what the fuck was that? But, we knew. Mt. Fuji is a crazy place. Very cool though.

Good luck with the sale Eric.

I saw this and was thinking 'cool - maybe they'll work when riding in the winter'. I'm thinking those won't quite do what I need. :D

I had no idea mountain-climbing gear was that expensive. I guess it makes sense.

What do those things cost new (I'm afraid to know actually).

Bump for you.