Ray Vs Sam Video

Sam1647545489

I just got to watch the video. Nice! Anybody that thinks I wasnt on it at the start needs to watch my brake lights. I am brake stalling the converter from a roll trying to take the lag out. When I first started logging my rolls I had .4 of a second lag for the converter to flash. I have since gotten it down to .2 With a big stall you can brake stall the converter just like at the track. Im running about 30% tps dragging the brakes. and I floor it before lifting off of the brake.

He has the tires and my rims in his garage, that's why :)

BTW, I just got off the phone with another regional supervisor for work. I may be having to work over through Saturday, so stay tuned :(

Better mail my check then homo.... http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/hay.gif

So why not just put the auto in the gear you want? Is there somehting in the 4L80E (i think thats the tranny) that doesnt allow that? Makes things way easier for me... i just drop it into 3rd and boom, im right at the rpm i want and the speed i want... then i just shift it when ever.

Because it sucks. It makes the car hit that much harder when the converter flashes and the car goes everywhere but straight. See my videos against Tilley's Cobra for examples of why I don't do that anymore.

FWD > RWD ;)

No but seriously, isnt that fixible by tuning the suspension? I thought the idea of a race was to rev as quick as you could... if it breaks the tires loose, figure out a way to get them to hook... or adjust your pedal foot... but dont give up reaction time :bs:

It would be nice to see a rematch.

Brian there will be many races between Ray and myself. We still got our motor to motor race and our dig race at a track as well. I just wanna get some new car in the mix first since it fun racing more people instead of the same person over and over...

FWD > RWD ;)

No but seriously, isnt that fixible by tuning the suspension? I thought the idea of a race was to rev as quick as you could... if it breaks the tires loose, figure out a way to get them to hook... or adjust your pedal foot... but dont give up reaction time :bs:

Ray wasnt giving any reaction time, here is the thing, a stick car is always goin to be alittle quicker on the take off from a roll as an auto will tear a stick up from a dig. Ray was just flashing his convertor, it might look like he was sleeping but trust me he was right next to me on the take off.

Brian there will be many races between Ray and myself. We still got our motor to motor race and our dig race at a track as well. I just wanna get some new car in the mix first since it fun racing more people instead of the same person over and over...

I know what you mean. I was part of the problem. I'm like 3 months late to the party. This summer was pretty bad... hopefully we can still save it.

Guest Removed
thats one reason i dont like too roll race my car. my 4800 stall flashs just a tade over 5000 from a roll, and all it did was fry the tires. but this time around, with the 3.55 gears it will be a different story. but my torque curve is just too unreal. damn big blocks with high compression.

there is no downshift in my launch just the converter stall, I am already in second. Just to give you an idea my converter stalls to over 4800 on the transbrake at the track. I tune the nitrous progression untill I can barely see a traction loss on the logs. Its nothing that you can feel in the car, these things pull like a freight train.