Newsgroup howto NO56K (Roadrunner is free)

thorne

news.wideopenwest.com you use your wow primary email account for login.

BTW Surefooted what net connection do you have thats 10M? Timewarners res accounts are 7mbit(900K) and 15mbit(1600-1700KB) ohh and gimp 384

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your 5 gb wow download limit resets every 2nd of the month.

but i checked my newgroup limit and it still says 0..

ive downloaded over 10 gig worth of shit already..

guess i got lucky??

or am i gonna pay for that later???

either way im still happy

lighting fast speeds running at 756kbps right now

If you have WOW service they provide you with email addresses at no cost. Call customer service and find out what the primary address is for your account and use that. Thats exactly what I had to do with TW.

I've been grabbing HD rips to stream through my xb360 and with newsgroups you dont have to worry about a damn ratio. I've grabbed 10 movies in the past 3-4 days, over 80gb of transfer!!! And the speed of the downloads kills torrents. Its win-win imo.

yeah os after debating a bit..

my wow cable and internet is $50 a month

if i want to get unlimited downloads im looking at $25 for the giganews accoutn putting me at $75 plus tax

now called time warner, they wil price match..

so time warner with unlimited bandwith on newsgroup $50 a month

throw a dvr in there

$58 plus tax

i think ill switch to time warner.. even though i had problems with them before.. ill give it another whirl

yeah os after debating a bit..

my wow cable and internet is $50 a month

if i want to get unlimited downloads im looking at $25 for the giganews accoutn putting me at $75 plus tax

now called time warner, they wil price match..

so time warner with unlimited bandwith on newsgroup $50 a month

throw a dvr in there

$58 plus tax

i think ill switch to time warner.. even though i had problems with them before.. ill give it another whirl

really I have TW now and was goint to switch over to WOW $99 for digatal cable, 6 MB internet, and digital phone with free DVR locked till 2010. I am realy happy with TW on issues at all but they will not try to price match it at all.

I'm happy everyone is enjoying it. My biggest fear is that I would have to do a subpoenoa for someone I know plus you can't beat the speed.

Trowa don't worry about bandwidth we have 3gigbit to highwinds. 99% of the time if you can get above 700KB its because high traffic that time of day on your UBR. If anyone see's less the 500 on a regular basis pleases let me know ASAP. I will make the apporatioe requests to split your node.

Last night from the datacenter I was helping out 81lx50h and was dling from our backbone (the newsserver is not here btw) and getting over 7000KB sustained. I was thrilled.

I'm happy everyone is enjoying it. My biggest fear is that I would have to do a subpoenoa for someone I know plus you can't beat the speed.

Trowa don't worry about bandwidth we have 3gigbit to highwinds. 99% of the time if you can get above 700KB its because high traffic that time of day on your UBR. If anyone see's less the 500 on a regular basis pleases let me know ASAP. I will make the apporatioe requests to split your node.

Last night from the datacenter I was helping out 81lx50h and was dling from our backbone (the newsserver is not here btw) and getting over 7000KB sustained. I was thrilled.

Ya I know it was a joke. ;)

I am glad everyone is using this method and staying away from bit torrent. Newsgroups has been around since the start of the internet? and it isn't going to die out. Go pirates go.