86 Mustang Tranny Gear

Shields1181

you can get it from mcrparts.com. i just ordered a speedo gear from him not to long ago.cheaper then most places. what he needs is a 7tooth drive gear and a 21tooth driven gear.the 7 tooth will be yellow. the 21 tooth will be red. you can also do a 6tooth drive gear and an 18tooth driven gear. its up to you. if mcrparts doesnt have what your looking for then i have another business but i forget what they're called so ill get back to you on that

O yea. the drive gear is in the tail shaft of the tranny so he will have to do some work to get that done.

you can get it from mcrparts.com. i just ordered a speedo gear from him not to long ago.cheaper then most places. what he needs is a 7tooth drive gear and a 21tooth driven gear.the 7 tooth will be yellow. the 21 tooth will be red. you can also do a 6tooth drive gear and an 18tooth driven gear. its up to you. if mcrparts doesnt have what your looking for then i have another business but i forget what they're called so ill get back to you on that

O yea. the drive gear is in the tail shaft of the tranny so he will have to do some work to get that done.

Most T5s through '89 already had the 7 tooth drive gear (the one on the output shaft), so in this case you'll likely only need the driven gear.

21 teeth/red is correct for 3.73 and stock height tires as Martin said.

I have purchased them at larger dealers before, like Ricart, but its been several years now - I'm not sure if they still carry them, but I would think so.

The Ford part # is (or was) C40Z-17271-A

its been so long since i put the 3.73's in my car, but i believe the gears go by colors, and i can't remember what color it is---not very helpful, i know

thats why i said red and yellow. well i know that it says on the internet that if you want to properly re-calibrate your speedometer then you want to replace the driven gear plus the drive gear. tell him i have a 21tooth speedo that ill sell to him for 5 bucks if he wants to come pick it up.