Anyone dyno tune LT1s?

pearlta969

LT1's have been ticking time bombs for me. From my experience they just don't hold the power very well. I've had two that had the #5 & #7 Lifters break and cause motor rebuilds. (Two different cars/motors/installers)

I know you don't want to hear it, but if I were you I'd take the money from the dyno tune and put it towards a 98TA or SS. With the free mods you can make those cars retarded fast. My 98SS back in 98 when they had no mods ran a 12.97@109.75 with Drag Radials and a Whisper Lid.

I've owned 3 LT1 cars and 2 LS1 cars. My LS1's consistantly ran .7-.8tenths faster and never had engine troubles. They are just a better platform. That's why 10 years later everything GM builds is a LS1 slightly reworked.

However if you insist on doing your LT1 and want some help, I can help you. I've made some nasty ass LT1's before. :) Also check out http://www.camaroz28.com to get some used items. This will save you a ton of $$.

Jason