Racing penalties

tristanlee85

Just out of curiosity, let's assume your friend got a citation for street racing. The only thing he did was take off normal at a light, shift into 2nd, give it enough gas to spin the tires while not exceeding the speed limit to pull on a car 2 lanes away from him, and then stop at the red light up ahead.

What could he expect to receive as far as fines, points, and insurance cost raise, assuming this is his first offense ever?

We had a volunteer firefighter on here a few years ago who'd never had a moving violation in his life or criminal record get a street racing ticket while driving a MR2, he was in his mid-20s.

They handed him a six month license suspension, six points, hefty fine, and high-risk insurance filing for some-odd years.

Let's assume that on the citation it says "street racing." Should he be thinking about getting a lawyer as it wasn't as bad as the courts are going to make it seem.

I'd keep that door wide open if it were me. Street racing is kind of a open sort of policy I believe. But at the same time I believe that proof must be shown.

I would say that it depends if you could prove that two vehicles were not trying to out perform one another.

If your friend was trying to catch up to another vehicle two lanes away that was not sitting at the same traffic light, i.e. the other car turned from the bisecting street then i would say reckless ops for spinning tires? I mean was the other car trying to stay ahead of said friend? That may be argueable.

4511.251 Street racing.

(A) As used in this section and section 4510.036 of the Revised Code, “street racing” means the operation of two or more vehicles from a point side by side at accelerating speeds in a competitive attempt to out-distance each other or the operation of one or more vehicles over a common selected course, from the same point to the same point, wherein timing is made of the participating vehicles involving competitive accelerations or speeds. Persons rendering assistance in any manner to such competitive use of vehicles shall be equally charged as the participants. The operation of two or more vehicles side by side either at speeds in excess of prima-facie lawful speeds established by divisions (B)(1)(a) to (B)(8) of section 4511.21 of the Revised Code or rapidly accelerating from a common starting point to a speed in excess of such prima-facie lawful speeds shall be prima-facie evidence of street racing.

(B) No person shall participate in street racing upon any public road, street, or highway in this state.

© Whoever violates this section is guilty of street racing, a misdemeanor of the first degree. In addition to any other sanctions, the court shall suspend the offender’s driver’s license, commercial driver’s license, temporary instruction permit, probationary license, or nonresident operating privilege for not less than thirty days or more than three years. No judge shall suspend the first thirty days of any suspension of an offender’s license, permit, or privilege imposed under this division.

Effective Date: 01-01-2004; 06-01-2004; 06-15-2006

I say lawyer up to be safe, but he should get off on a lesser charge if indeed he is innocent.

I beat down my 95mph R/O to a 2pt speed. get a lawyer....6pts is what he's likely looking at, it will be around $275 and he "could" lose his license, but that's up to the Judge. He likely will if the judge believes he was racing. Jason Blum (pronounced bloom).

He's a good friend and worked with my wife at the prosecutors office and knows everyone. They deal with him a lot on these matters as he used to work with most everyone there and is cool, not a prick like many lawyers. Got me off without a hitch.

if thats the actual code you may be lucky

2133.07 Using pre-printed form.

(A) A printed form of a declaration may be sold or otherwise distributed in this state for use by adults who are not advised by an attorney. By use of a printed form of that nature, a declarant may authorize the use or continuation, or the withholding or withdrawal, of life-sustaining treatment should the declarant be in a terminal condition, a permanently unconscious state, or either a terminal condition or a permanently unconscious state, may authorize the withholding or withdrawal of nutrition or hydration should the declarant be in a permanently unconscious state as described in division (A)(3)(a) of section 2133.02 of the Revised Code, and may designate one or more persons who are to be notified by the declarant’s attending physician at any time that life-sustaining treatment would be withheld or withdrawn pursuant to the declaration. The printed form shall not be used as an instrument for granting any other type of authority or for making any other type of designation, except that the printed form may be used as a DNR identification if the declarant specifies on the form that the declarant wishes to use it as a DNR identification and except as provided in division (B) of this section.

(B) A printed form of a declaration under division (A) of this section shall include, before the signature of the declarant or another individual at the direction of the declarant, statements that conform substantially to the following form:

“ANATOMICAL GIFT (optional)

Upon my death, the following are my directions regarding donation of all or part of my body:

In the hope that I may help others upon my death, I hereby give the following body parts:

for any purpose authorized by law: transplantation, therapy, research, or education.

If I do not indicate a desire to donate all or part of my body by filling in the lines above, no presumption is created about my desire to make or refuse to make an anatomical gift.”

©(1) A printed form of a declaration under division (A) of this section shall include, as a separate page or as a portion of a page that can be detached from the declaration, a donor registry enrollment form that permits the donor to be included in the donor registry created under section 2108.18 of the Revised Code.

(2) The donor registry enrollment form shall conform substantially to the following form:

“DONOR REGISTRY ENROLLMENT FORM (optional)

To register for the Donor Registry, please complete this form and send it to the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles. This form must be signed by two witnesses. If the donor is under age eighteen, one witness must be the donor’s parent or legal guardian.

... Please include me in the donor registry.

... Please remove me from the donor registry.

We had looked it up, but it has nothing to do with the citation given... at least not from what we can see.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2133.07

That is really weird you should plead no contest. Because neither side can prove anything. And it looks as if the officer wrote down the wrong citation number. I tried the CTC, but i think that that is "citation"

Yeh. Well, there was a younger guy with the officer, probably learning stuff. Anyway, I couldn't find anything about CTC 213.07. I'm not sure what ORC is though. Street racing doesn't seem to have anything to do with donoring parts unless I'm dead and don't know it.

If he goes in there without a lawyer hes going to get lynched. If hes gonna f around spinning his tires 'not racing' the car two lanes over then he runs the risk of getting a ticket like this. Anything higher than a speeding ticket should be taken seriously b/c they could give a shit about some young kid. Get a lawyer. He/she could tell you if that revised code error will get him out of it. He may get lucky after all.

CTC is Columbus Traffic Code so this is what it is.

2133.07 Street racing prohibited.

(a) As used in this section, “street racing” means the operation of two (2) or more vehicles from a point side by side at accelerating speeds in a competitive attempt to out-distance each other or the operation of one or more vehicles over a common selected course, from the same point to the same point, wherein timing is made of the participating vehicles involving competitive accelerations or speeds.

Persons rendering assistance in any manner to such competitive use of vehicles shall be equally charged as the participants. The operation of two (2) or more vehicles side by side either at speeds in excess of prima-facie lawful speeds established by Section 2133.03 or rapidly accelerating from a common starting point to a speed in excess of such prima-facie lawful speeds shall be prima-facie evidence of street racing.

(b) No person shall participate in a street race upon any public road, street, or highway in this City.

© Whoever violates this section is guilty of street racing, a misdemeanor of the first degree. In addition to any other sanctions, the court shall suspend the offender’s driver’s license, commercial driver’s license, temporary instruction permit, probationary license, or nonresident operating privilege for not less than thirty (30) days or more than three (3) years. No judge shall suspend the first thirty (30) days of any suspension of an offender’s license, permit, or privilege imposed under this division. (ORC 4511.251; Ord. 1579-72: Ord. 2120-03 § 1 (part).)

Guest Wunna Dig Race
Let's assume that on the citation it says "street racing." Should he be thinking about getting a lawyer as it wasn't as bad as the courts are going to make it seem.

Well in the state of Ohio to charge you with street racing they have to site 2 cars at the same instance all cop cars in the state of ohio are actually supposed to have in car cameras you want to see it on tape if you wasnt racing

Guest Wunna Dig Race

When I was 16 I got caught racing and they didnt catch both cars. My ticket was street racing unsafe vehical un safe tires(slicks) noise violation(uncapped headers) and shit well while the cruiser was behiend me and done writting the ticket I got my cam phone out and took pictures of the tires on the car they was M/T ET streets and then i took pics under the car with mufflers(but I did have cut outs not in pic tho) My fine ended up being $300+court fees 60 day license suspenison and sr22 bond till 21.

Good luck I know a few cops and they told me that if they mess up anything on the ticket or dont have 2 cars you can get outta the ticket But I would get a lawyer to be safe