USAA Financial servises Military people

Mojoe

If you are in the military, to include the Guard, or have been in within the last 12 months, I strongly encourage you to open an account with USAA. Some other GOV agencies are eligible too.

I have been banking and have other accounts with them for over a year. What they offer and can work with, is by far the best of any financial institution I have dealt with (And I do loans for a living). I bought my Subaru through them and it was very easy. I have my one credit card with them and the rate is good and I have never had an issue (unlike other cards).

Here's one of the coolest things. If you have a checking account with them and need to deposit a check, you can do it from home, work, or kinko's. All you have to do is scan it and send it to them. It's in your account and available in 15 minutes. They credit you based on you not stealing from them. Then you destroy the check (once it shows on your account). Every account can be dealt with completely online.

At least call them, if you are eligible, and see what you think. 1-800-862-6909 or at https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_utils/McStaticPages?key=become_member_main

Guest Scooter

Not to mention their insurances. I have full coverage on four vehicles, plus renter's insurance and laptop insurance, at the age of 24, for $85 a month. Their claims services, which I have used a few times, are awesome. Car accident? No worries, they come right to you to access the damage with you and help get a check in the mail asap. Dunno if other insurance companies do this for you.

A fringe benefit is that they are a nonprofit organization, so any profits, they pass back to you! A few years now, I've received checks in the mail for ~$150 once a year.

The first ticket is a "freebie', they won't count it like most companies do. The second in three years, beware. They quickly shuttled me to their "sub-prime" or whatever company they own for "high-risk" drivers and tripled the rates. Again, neither ticket had points assigned, but they argued that a ticket is a ticket.

My current insurer knows about my four tickets (two with points, two without) and has USAA beat by over 50%. It's how the game is played, I guess.

I do like the banking thing, though. I may have to look into that.

Guest Scooter
Hmm, I had an accident and three speeding tickets, and their rates were still sweet, only about $115 a month. Been with them for the last 5 years now, and made a couple of claims for vehicular damage over $1500, and my rates have never gone up much. Must be a case by case kind of thing.

I dunno, it was 1998 so maybe they pulled their heads outta their asses since then or the fact I was living in Florida at the time. I personally don't care, they didn't have the service member's best interests in their mind at the time, so they could kiss my ass and still can.

• 2 weeks later...