My house flooded!!!!

PrincessPratt

Heck with Allstate..make a claim. That's why you have it. Too many others Ins comps out there that wont triple your rate for 2 claims..

WEll I just had the "dryer" guy come out and he quoted me at least $3500 to get it dried out and then he told me it might not even work b/c it's been more than 12 hours since the floor got the initial insult. I have fans, space heaters, & my thermostat is at 80 degrees right now. The guy that was out here was nice enough to put my hose back on my washer. IT WASN'T BROKEN. Apparently I was too weak to get it back on. :rolleyes: IF my floors buckle I am going to file a claim and get it completely replaced. Chris is coming over at 3pm to help change the fuse. I'm going to lowes now to by a humidifier or whatever its called.

and yes Charles I do feel like my house is the money pit right now. All i want is some freaking turkey and candied yams!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a DEhumidifier....not humidifier. Are you a true blonde? J/K! The best thing is to keep a constant flow of air moving over the floors, this helps to draw out the moisture and then the dehumidifier will take it out of the air. You'll probably have to empty the dehumidifier a couple times a day.

It's a DEhumidifier....not humidifier. Are you a true blonde? J/K! The best thing is to keep a constant flow of air moving over the floors, this helps to draw out the moisture and then the dehumidifier will take it out of the air. You'll probably have to empty the dehumidifier a couple times a day.

I knew it was a DEhumidifier. Hahaha. Jeremy called me like 2 seconds after I posted that. i bought the 50 pint WITH a hose to run into my sump tank. I am running on VERY limited sleep right now and my stress level has hit it's limit. ;)

Bummer. Sorry to hear that. If it makes you feel any better I got laid off two weeks ago and had to sell my motorcycle so I can pay my mortgage. That probably doesn't make you feel better. Sorry' date=' it's all I got. Try to have a Happy Thanksgiving anyway. It could have been much, much worse.[/quote']

Dang IP what kinda work do you do ??? Maybe I could put the word out in my circles... maybe drum ya up something to do .....

Not other than a rental. Maybe using dustdown would minimize the dust. Moosie are you going to fix the floor for her?

well i went and looked at it, right now she's debating on letting the insurance pay for replacement, then getting dropped vs. repairing it and forking out the cash herself.... she's having a bad run lately, between this and her chimney about falling off the house... I'm just there to help out however I can...

well i went and looked at it, right now she's debating on letting the insurance pay for replacement, then getting dropped vs. repairing it and forking out the cash herself.... she's having a bad run lately, between this and her chimney about falling off the house... I'm just there to help out however I can...

Ya I'm going to call my agent tomorrow who happens to be one of my best friends (it's her agency). She's looking into switching me over to a policy that's a bit more expensive but has that "accident" forgiveness clause in it. She feels bad b/c she never told me about it b/f my last fiasco. Well see what happens.

I am a perfectionist through and through and after looking at it again when I woke up this morning I can tell I am NOT going to be happy looking at it every day. Plus i want to sell in about 4 years from now. I will NOT be able to sell with the floors looking the way they do. :(

Jeremy do u do hardwood floors as well? I mean do you SPECIALIZE in them. I am very picky about which contractors I use. Just as cmoosego...hehe.

and Chris does Jeff specialize in this type of work too? I need to call him and get all my ducks lined up. I want to use the same bamboo again and I purchased it at lowes. It was like $60/box and I remember orders tons of boxes. Just the materials alone were close to 3500. I'll now need to get all my baseboards replaced as well b/c I hammered those suckers in. Also they were all brand new....especially in my formal dining area! Darn it I loved these floors!!!!

Anyhoo, have a happy thanksgiving everyone! I'm off to see my mama and eat some turkey!

Ya I'm going to call my agent tomorrow who happens to be one of my best friends (it's her agency). She's looking into switching me over to a policy that's a bit more expensive but has that "accident" forgiveness clause in it. She feels bad b/c she never told me about it b/f my last fiasco. Well see what happens.

I am a perfectionist through and through and after looking at it again when I woke up this morning I can tell I am NOT going to be happy looking at it every day. Plus i want to sell in about 4 years from now. I will NOT be able to sell with the floors looking the way they do. :(

Jeremy do u do hardwood floors as well? I mean do you SPECIALIZE in them. I am very picky about which contractors I use. Just as cmoosego...hehe.

jeremy specializes in flooring, jeff has done it before.... and so have I... just laid a beautiful maple floor a couple weeks ago... as far as purchasing materials I'd go with lumber liquidators, they are def going to be less expensive then lowes and you'll be able to get a higher quality for the same price.... check out the website, www.lumberliquidators.com and look at the different grades of bamboo that they have.... I saw a couple that you might like in the 2.00 a square foot range.... beats the heck outta 4 or 5

Sarah I have done hundreds of hardwood floors. I worked for a general contractor for a couple years and we worked on homes and condos in the hundreds to millions dollar range. http://picasaweb.google.com/JCgixxer7.5/WorkPics?authkey=IoFSqu4OpWE##

I take a lot of pride in my work, that being said, I'm sure you will be happy with my work. I'm not just a hillbilly that can "do anything". Although I may be a hillbilly?

Happy thanksgiving.