Reasons for Running Rich . Thorne VS WRX Round 121

thorne

I recently re did the boost system . Since I redid it and been tuning I'm WAY rich. almost a point off from 4k on. I've got a graph showing my map vs observed on the LC-1.

Would a boost leak cause this? my WGDC is pretty flat from 3k-4k but it does not seem to be hanging onto the boost. I'm going to graph one of my older logs and see if it is a similar "CURVE"

the curve is the same which removes the boost leak idea.

Do you have a fuel pressure regulator Thorne? Or are you trying do this electronically through tuning? I'd dial it in firstly with an actual adjustable fpr before mapping or whatever the eff your doing to that thing.

you can build a boost leak tester with parts from your local home depot,they work pretty good

How much does it run I was planning to just have IPS do it. that way I know its not on some fault of my own if I'm wrong.

I know how to do the damn test but I read you had to have at ool i did not have ass.

Superhawk if you wanna question my tuning ability I will show you all my previous datalogs before this showing great power gains and no knock with flat AR on the streets.

You have your mythical 13 second stang running yet or your cobra yet..........or you go kart. Atleast I do my projects.

You have your mythical 13 second stang running yet or your cobra yet..........or you go kart. Atleast I do my projects.

Sure, you're welcome to come check out ALL THREE in my garage ANYTIME.

I do my projects, just at a different pace and my projects are a bit more of a project then you running up and down the hwy playing with your damn computer.

Also, correction for your ass, you PAY for your projects to get done, my shit is all done by myself, in my garage, on my time.

umm lets see. I must have missed were I paid a tuner. I must have also missed my 18psi knock free tunes with nice afr. The only reason I have a problem is because I got a boostleak or something. I am 99% sure its a boost leak after looking at the data logs and comparing. It's losing boost it hits its peak and falls at a much higher rate then before.

This is just part of tuning turbo cars. Actually I seen hua's intercooler hose come off when I was out last. I will be wrenching on a project as soon as I got a garage to work in. my current one is a mess and to small.

Also turning wrenches is just as important as a tune on a computer car. I spent 6 months reading and learning about tuning and working with a tuner to teach me the ropes. If you think it was easy talk to the better tuners on how long it took them. I aspire to be as good as some of them. As it is I know how to do more in my ecu then allot of people.

Sorry to rant I just get pissed when you attack me for no reason. I have ips do my installs because they do it right and they take care of me. If you have anything else to say I will run you when the cars fixed.

If for some act of god its the turbo thats dead. I've got the new one waiting and if need be I will change it.

dude, i understand where you can be defensive, but if you check first, my post was directed towards GMONEY, not you. I never mentioned you in my post, then you came out attacking me so I only answered back...i dont care what you do with your money or your car, its yours, i wasn't attacking you only defending myself.

dude, i understand where you can be defensive, but if you check first, my post was directed towards GMONEY, not you. I never mentioned you in my post, then you came out attacking me so I only answered back...i dont care what you do with your money or your car, its yours, i wasn't attacking you only defending myself.

ok :)

I thought wayne brady was gonna hafta smack a bitch rofl.

Sure, you're welcome to come check out ALL THREE in my garage ANYTIME.

Matt my wife likes the replica cobras, she would like it for weekend joyrides. we are thinking of building one in a few years we will be car paymentless. If I could do it for a reasonable price I could get it approved. If you don't mind me asking what does one of the replicas cost really in the end, (keep in mind I don't think I will build it myself.) I would buy the chassis and an engine and tranny and have some one drop them in. Superformance chassis come with everything but engine and tranny right?

Yes, Superperformance I believe includes everything, but Factory Five (who's kit we've got) also sells add-on kits to complete the package, if you don't want to go the donor route.

My dad's got about $25k wrapped up in his, using a donor foxbody, fresh motor/trans, quite a few upgrades etc.

I've only got about $8k in mine, shouldn't be much more else needed besides paint/bodywork. But I went the long route and did much more legwork.

Are you able to assemble the "kit" yourself or you strictly want to buy one already built?

If you want a fully assembled one I'd recommend a slightly used one, plenty of people build these many times over, just because they either enjoy it or for a profit, but they are very reasonable. Even new ones (less than 500miles) can be had running/driving/titled for $21/22k. Granted those won't have all the cool options or huge hp, but it'll still be a Cobra. Or you can find a couple year old ones for as cheap as $17,500, with very low miles.

My dad actually bought his running/driving etc w/ about 3500miles on it. Drove it the entire first summer and enjoyed it, then we tore it down, changed quite a bit and basically doubled the hp and now's its sick. He paid $16k for his.

Lmk if you have any questions. Check out http://www.ffcobra.com for info/pics and cars for sale.

We've got two in our garage, one in the process and one completed.

Overall depending on the kit you go with, and how many "new" items you decide you need, I'd say mid 20's to low 30's for a very nice build. Many people pull nice ones, although kind of plain for $20k or less.