Roomie is looking to upgrade bikes next Season, want thoughts

kinkinhood

So he's been riding a Bandit 600 for a bit now and is looking to upgrade mainly because while it's a great bike for learning and for highway cruising, it lacks in the department of making you feel comfortable getting into the turns. And I know what you're thinking now, he's going to look towards one of the RR sportbikes. Nope, that's not it. The three bikes he's kinda at a toss up on are the following:

Ducati Monster S2R 1000

Triumph Street Triple 675

Suzuki SV1000S

So what'd be the pros and cons on each of those? Any others that would be particuarly noteworthy to add into the collection?

the Street Triple is the best bang for the buck that you've listed.

I'd also tell him to consider a fuel injected SV650. They'll make 80hp pretty easily and would make a great bike to go to the track with if he gets the turn bug

It's looking to be more narrowed down to the Street triple 675 and the SV series(it's a bit toss up between the 650 and the 1000). The monster while a beautiful bike requires more maintenance and care then either him or I really want to have to do(I do alot of the bike maintenance simply because it's not hard for me to do both bikes at the same time and takes only maybe 5 minutes extra).

I used to have an 03 SV650S as well. It was my first bike and it was awesome in every aspect. Great handling + the v-twin gave it nice bottom end in turning. Never did get a chance to ride the 1000 though. I saw a left over 06 SV1000S for like $7400 with 0 miles at Hindes. Didnt think that was too bad a pricetag :cool:

well...it seems he's narrowed it down to a few very good bikes. If he's gonna look at the SV, I'd still think that the 650 will do just about everything that the 1000 will do for less money. Plus, it's lighter and will make a better track bike.

If he wants more straight line speed...get the triple. That Daytona engine is badass, and sounds great with a pipe on it. They didn't de-tune it for the triple either!

Triumph Street Triple 675 is a tourque monster for a 675, my friend has one and its the only bike in the 600 class that ive seen that can lift the front wheel off the ground without slipping the clutch. my friend has one and its a damn beautiful bike and really no one around here has one

I got an 05 kawa 636 w/ candy plasma blue paint and an underseat 2brothers exhaust FOR SALE.. pm me for details

And I know what you're thinking now, he's going to look towards one of the RR sportbikes. Nope, that's not it.

Thank you smokey.

you're welcome. I'm selling my bike too, but it clearly didn't meet your criteria, so instead of trying to shove it down your buddy's throat, I merely gave my suggestions. It's not like it's that hard. ;)