mustang 5 lug conversion

Jimmy Notchback

I have a 91 mutang 5.0 and Im in the process of trying to convert from 4 lug to 5 lug. I found a person online who is selling a whole rear set up from a 96 mustang.

the kit....

1. axels

2. proportioning valve

3. rotors

4. calipers

5. caliper brackets

6. caliper mounting brackets

7. dust shields

8. anti-moan brackets

9. emergency brake cables

10. assorted nuts and bolts

these are all the parts he has listed for sale. The dude is asking right around 300 dollars. Ive looked around online and most sites are somewhat vague on the compatibility of a 96 rear end with my car.

My questions are.... will a 96 rear end work? what other parts will i need to buy to complete this setup? Does this seem like a reasonable price?

The 96 is wider so if you want to run a wide tire it get you have to use differt offset wheels. But there is a company that makes a caliper off set braket so you can use the fox 5 lug lengh axles with the 96 brakes. I want to say north race cars is the name but I forget

Guest Removed
two driver side ranger axles and the ranger drums for 10" brakes done deal

true story...two junk yard axles, and some drums from autozone, napa etc

and the front are just as easy. with v8 spindles you use mark8 rotors and bearings, and with4 banger spindles you can use ranger rotors and bearings

heres a link with lots on info http://www.sn95brakes.com/5lug.php

Guest Removed

what year is the car? best bet is to swap too the 86 up V8 stuff.

those are floaters? am i right, you can swap in all the 99 up spindles into a fox using a 95 ball joint pressed into the fox control arm and add a few washers under the nut!

john what r you tryying to do?

Well rob it depends what wheels he wants to run as to if he can do the mark rotors. The center spindle pertruds to far for the use of ford wheels that use the small black center cap. But if he wants to run say the 94-98 Cobras then yes he can do it that way.

Im going to be running bbs wheels with 275/40 nitto drag radials. The car is not a daily driver. I wanted to go with this setup because it already comes with the disks and I no longer want to run drum brakes. so.... would this bolt right in or not, I realize there might be a cheaper junk yard drum brake way to do things, but Im more interested in if this setup will work right now. All the rear kits Ive found come with drum brakes and run anywhere from 500 to 650 from a shop.