2nd gen supra.

Reed44

I am getting very interested in these cars. I would like to sell my blazer for one or buy one in the near future. I dont hear much about them so could you guys tell me about the car. Down falls, good things, hp capabilities, $-parts ratio. Anything would help.

This may help you get started on your research.

http://www.toyotareference.com/#SO

http://www.toyotanation.com/

They are amazing cars. I would love to get a MKIV but its been too hard to find a good one not modded with a manual and low miles at a decent price.

If you want an MK2 Supra, you're talking about an '82-'85 Celica Supra. I had an '82 Celica that I loved. I'd like to get a Celica-Supra though.

They come with a ~140hp 5MGE which can be swapped out for a 7MG-TE from an MK3 Supra. That's rather common.

Try celicasupra.com, Rabidchimp.com

Mk3's have basically one problem, their engines. They like to blow headgaskets at even stock boost let alone higher boost. There are remedies to the problem, however, they aren't usually worth it because the 7m-gte is an old design engine and not really worth modding if you want to see some big power. However you're lucky because in japan toyota decided to offer the 1jz-gte in the mk3 supra from 1990-1992. This is a fairly easy swap and will basically give you a baby 2jz-gte. Although it isn't nearly as powerful from the factory as the 2jz it will still give you plenty of room for mods and is quite durable. Furthermore, if you want more displacement later the 2jz shortblock will bolt right onto the 1jz head giving you a 1.5jz-gte. It's a good chassis to work with, a bit heavy from the factory but still semi-athletic.

Mk3's have basically one problem, their engines. They like to blow headgaskets at even stock boost let alone higher boost. (HALF RIGHT) There are remedies to the problem, however, they aren't usually worth it because the 7m-gte is an old design engine and not really worth modding if you want to see some big power. (sO COMPLETELY WRONG) However you're lucky because in japan toyota decided to offer the 1jz-gte in the mk3 supra from 1990-1992. This is a fairly easy swap and will basically give you a baby 2jz-gte.(NOWHERE AS EASY AS BLDG THE 7M OR AS CHEAP, HAVE YOU DONE ONE?) Although it isn't nearly as powerful from the factory as the 2jz it will still give you plenty of room for mods and is quite durable. Furthermore, if you want more displacement later the 2jz shortblock will bolt right onto the 1jz head giving you a 1.5jz-gte. It's a good chassis to work with, a bit heavy from the factory but still semi-athletic.

You need to get a large spoon of peanut butter and put it in your mouth. This will help contain the large amount of useless shit you're putting out. Your lack of experience is misleading. No, it won't matter what you come back on and say or how much xp you say you have. I know from your post. ;)

Ryan, as far as the MKIIIs are concerned, I will pm you back a little later today.

Mk3's have basically one problem, their engines. They like to blow headgaskets at even stock boost let alone higher boost. There are remedies to the problem, however, they aren't usually worth it because the 7m-gte is an old design engine and not really worth modding if you want to see some big power. However you're lucky because in japan toyota decided to offer the 1jz-gte in the mk3 supra from 1990-1992. This is a fairly easy swap and will basically give you a baby 2jz-gte. Although it isn't nearly as powerful from the factory as the 2jz it will still give you plenty of room for mods and is quite durable. Furthermore, if you want more displacement later the 2jz shortblock will bolt right onto the 1jz head giving you a 1.5jz-gte. It's a good chassis to work with, a bit heavy from the factory but still semi-athletic.

Are you kidding me. A stock short block 7MGTE with a MHG can handle 550 WHP. Sure its not 1000 but 550 is still a lot. My 7m is built to handle > 1000.

Yeah Toyota torqued the around 54 ft lbs when they need to be around 70 to 80 ft lbs. I also heard before to use ARP studs and in most cases its too late you just need to replace the head gasket anyway. Ive also heard HKS makes a nice metal one.

The problem is the low factory torque on the headbolts. You could retorque the original headbolts, but that normally only prolongs the bhg agony. As with any older turbo motor, you're going to ahve to do some rebuilding if you're wanting to mod the motor. While you're doing this, it's good to go ahead and replace the hg with a metal or cometic and the the headbolts/studs with arp's. Once those are installed and torqued correctly, you should double check them later. Afterwards, it shouldn't be a concern again. Be sure to have a reputable shop who's used to imports as the deck and head all need to be polished to a mirror finish. I can't remember the exact measurement off hand.

Also, I've seen a couple 7m's pushing 700+ on stock bottom end. It's been awhile so I don't know if they're still doing it or not. :D

ImUrOBGYN Hit it right on the dot. But DO NOT Pay attention to anything TurboMark has to say because judging by what he says, he has no experience, and purely just the rumors float around the 7m constantly.

They can be had for pretty cheap if you keep your eye out for them and dont jump at the first one you see. But lately Ive been seeing the general pricing for them to be gradually going up. If you have any questions regarding anything about them, dont hesitate to ask.