help!! computer ?

kirks5oh

we had a pretty bad storm last week, and as a result, my desktop computer won't start up at all. the computer was off during the storm, but plugged in. anyways, it just freezes on the microsoft screen, and then when you try to reset it, and start it in safe mode, or any other mode, it won't work.

i don't care about the computer (i need a new one anyways), but i DO care about what was on it. is there any way to recover the files?? i heard you can take your computer to best buy, and they can recover everything for you for about $100??

any help would be appreciated,

thanks

kirk

we had a pretty bad storm last week, and as a result, my desktop computer won't start up at all. the computer was off during the storm, but plugged in. anyways, it just freezes on the microsoft screen, and then when you try to reset it, and start it in safe mode, or any other mode, it won't work.

i don't care about the computer (i need a new one anyways), but i DO care about what was on it. is there any way to recover the files?? i heard you can take your computer to best buy, and they can recover everything for you for about $100??

any help would be appreciated,

thanks

kirk

You can usually pull the hard drive out and put it in another computer and access it as a 2nd drive. I'm sure that several people on here will do it for less than $100.