Private property???

V8 Beast

Is a business owner permitted to have an auto x event in their parking lot???? If a business owner decides to do a wheel stand in the company parking lot can they be fined or anything like that???? I know any unsafe activity can get them in trouble, but who decides what is safe and what is not?

Is a business owner permitted to have an auto x event in their parking lot???? If a business owner decides to do a wheel stand in the company parking lot can they be fined or anything like that???? I know any unsafe activity can get them in trouble, but who decides what is safe and what is not?

You going to try? :cool: I didn't think anything could happen if it is on private property inless the company has given the cops permission to watch the lot. Not sure that is just what someone told me. Just wait and try at the next Advanced meet after the burnout contest.

I drag raced a guy through my parking lot once, at a different store lol, and two cops come right after us... turns out the part of the lot where we started wasnt mine, and the best the cops coupld come up with was a ticket for parking outside the lines... basically a double parked ticket... $20.

Guest Removed

everyone must sign waivers...plus.

they cant do shit if the property owner is giving permission, and doesnt have a issue with it. so said parking lot must be owned by say one of us, to get away with it!

you have to have paper work insurance an ems there in case something should happen.

Thanks everyone!

I'm going to see if Mark "transamdrag98" and I can set up a launch contest at the cruise-in Saturday. A little bit of VHT (and a waiver saying Advanced Auto Parts is not responsible for anyone breaking a rear axle) and we are good to go.

Don't forget that in almost all cases business owners are actually property lessees, they lease the building and don't have any special rights to the parking lot. In cases like Iron Pony they either actually own the property, or they have enough pull with their landlord to get their way. Either way, make sure you know who actually owns the parking lot you're in before you do something that someone might get pissed off about.

Guest 99BlackPonyGT
i wondered how iron pony got the stunt team in their lot last year...seemed unsafe too me??? might want to contact someone from iron pony, or i think some of the guys are on here.

i worked at iron pony and my best friend is the owners son...they were allowed to do the stunts because it was covered under the insurance... but there will be no more stunting in the summer... teh insurance company sent a rep to watch the show once and they gave the owners 2 options.. 1. put up freeway barriers around the stunt area instead of the net 2. raise the rates 500%...so there will be no more stunt teams...my best suggestion is to call and talk to the insurance company, they will tell you the proper procedure of how to setup events on your business property