Things to see and do in Miami???

Rustlestiltskin

Well the Gf and I are going on a 5day vacation in mid september to miami fl. and just wondering what places we should go to or at least see. I've only been to miami in the past but drove through to get to the florida keys. So if anybody has ideas of cool/nice places to go while being in miami then let me know. I'll also be staying on ocean blvd, south beach in the art deco district. :cool:

I just got back from Hollywood Fl which is about 20-30 minutes north of Miami. There's lots to do if you like the Beach scene. We mostly hung out there... we visited Miami Ink, and went to a couple outside bars. Depends where you go... like South Beach is pretty nice but the Beach across from Miami Ink (Washington and Collins) was kinda dirty.

Hollywood Beach has a really nice Boardwalk with live music is the evenings and then Ft Lauderdale is 15 minutes north of Hollywood. There's lots to do there as well.

Theres a HUGE ass mall if you take Sunrise all the way west. It's called Sawgrass Mills. You kinda run right into it off of Sunrise... That's a good way to waste 3 hours of your time in a mall!

Anyway.. if you want to know more, pm me.

You'd better learn the language and it's not English. :(

I was in Miami on military leave 10 years ago visiting my brother and mother, who were living down there at the time. My brother and I were on the way to South Beach (topless girls FTW!), but on the way we walked into a Burger King for some lunch and they had to bring someone from the back who knew English to take our order. :eek: They gave us this look like "No white people have ever come into this BK before and we don't know English" before finding some employee who did. I turned to my brother and said "Are we still in the U.S.?" It was very strange... :lol:

haha, i hear ya on the "no speaka any egrish". luckily i took some spanish in hs and college so i should get by somewhat. and yea, we'll be beach bums during the day gettin tan and chillin in the water then at night prolly hit up some nightlife or other things. we also thought about that mall as somethin to do plus stop by miami ink. all these are good ideas