4g63 vs. FORD 2.3 turbo

heelside1647545510

me and a friend have been arguing this topic for a while now and wanted to get some other opinions. What motor do you believe is better to use in a car build? what motor is stronger? and what motor is just a smarter choice? what are the pros and cons of each?

Discuss...

stock engine for stock engine, I dont know what the 4g is good for but the 2.3 T's have reliably seen 400whp on stock bottom ends, and 450 whp with just arp rod bolts. Guys take a 2.3t take the turbo off and spray a 300 shot to em all summer long, they're pretty strong.

This was 4yrs ago, NMRA @ Trails. He pitted with us (mutual friend). It was silver and I thought it was a '82. I know for a fact it ran on alcohol. He had to change his oil every few rounds because of of all the fuel blow by. The car was a mother to start to. Took 5-10 minutes of cranking...1 cyclinder "pop", minute later another one pop, pop...etc.

The 2.3 ford. is a very simple engine, easy to work on. I personally have pulled one out of a car replaced the rear main and had it back on the road in 6 hours with no help.

They are cheap! You can go to nearly any junk yard and buy one today. If you want to upgrade the cam just go to autozone and pick up the ranger cam and roller followers and bolt them in.

On the down side... it is a single cam, 2v head. Unless you find a Cosworth.

with out knowing much about the 2.3t I'd go with the 4G63. but then again my opinion may be a little bias. But seriously, the 4g63 is a very strong motor, when built the 4g is capable of making 900+whp..(Buschers evo) and running 1/4 mile ETs of less then 8 seconds.(sheps 1g awd)..but again i know nothing about the 2.3t. just my .02

Hmm....I think the last 3 posts seem a bit biased...

I may be biased because I own one but it doesn't change the facts of what the engine's are known to do. I do not have any experience with the Ford engine but am only stating the facts about what I am familiar with. People can take it for whatever it is worth.