knocking/popping sound when turning

87GT

1994 saturn sl2

So if this was a few weeks ago I would say it makes this song only after the car sits all night. Now this seems to happen everytime I drive.

Makes sound when turning either way, after turning and straightening wheel out, when the car shifts into gear hard, when making sudden swerves, and when going over bumps while turning.

Looking under the car the CV boot has a tear in it. There doesn't look to be any hole to put a needle to grease it. Must be a saturn thing.

So you think I should replace CV boots and/or joints soon or drive it till it breaks?

Guest Removed
replace the whole axle, they can be had remaned for around 50-80 bucks.make sure to have the old ones out so you dont pay the core charge, and match them up real well(counting spline's lenght etc)

Yeah, replace it. With the split boot you've got dirt in there. I once let a CV joint go too long without replacing it in my first car. It snapped off and I was going no-where. :) Kinda sucked because I was delivering pizza that night.

Same thing happened to me, while delivering pizza's. lol If you need help Eric let me know.

Same thing happened to me, while delivering pizza's. lol If you need help Eric let me know.

Heh. Pizza delivery is hard on cars. I was a bit of a speed demon too. So much so that my local Midas stopped honoring their Lifetime Warranty on pads after I went through three sets in under a year. But my pizzas always showed up steaming!

Heh. Pizza delivery is hard on cars. I was a bit of a speed demon too. So much so that my local Midas stopped honoring their Lifetime Warranty on pads after I went through three sets in under a year. But my pizzas always showed up steaming!

Wow