Bad Vibration

Guest Hal

I ran the car up to around 130 tonight and ended up with a really bad vibration through the shifter, wheel, entire car at that speed. I'm trying to figure out what might cause that. My first thought is driveshaft, can anyone think of anything else?

I ran the car up to around 130 tonight and ended up with a really bad vibration through the shifter, wheel, entire car at that speed. I'm trying to figure out what might cause that. My first thought is driveshaft, can anyone think of anything else?

Probably driveshaft related. It may be just the shaft itself not being built for that kind of RPM (Driveshaft RPM, that is) or could also be that it's not indexed correctly. I know the earlier Cobras (and I would assume this carried over to the SC ones) normally had a mark on the driveshaft yoke that coincided with a mark on the pinion flange from where they were installed balanced from the factory. If you had it out and put it back in a different way it can affect the balance a little.

I was driving once and had that problem at 115-120. But then from 120-130 it was fine. Take it out again and see exactly what speeds it does it at.

What will this tell us? I'm confused what your car and his car have in common?