Damage repair at a dealer?

Putty

OK, so my car was damaged here at work. I took and got an $1100 estimate. The insurance of the dumbass agreed to fix the damage and pay the estimated amount. Here's the thing....I can live with the damage...However, he told me they will take the check to the service dept for the estimated amount, so nothing is coming to me....Am I entitled to tell the service dept not to do all estimated and the remaining money comes to me?

I would tell them to piss off on giving the check to anyone but YOU. You don't HAVE to get the car fixed but you are entitled to the repair amount for damages....

That is what I was thinking....My car was damaged and they are paying for the damage, which I am the owner, so that comes to me. They can't tell me "we will only pay if we give the money to the person fixing it" can they? I filed a police report and all that, so it's a legit claim. All bases covered.

File a claim through your own insurance company.

Negative, don't even notify them.

Just notify the dumbass's insurance company that you will take check for the full amount and get it repaired on your own time. I've done this numerous times, they legally must pay you.

Negative, don't even notify them.

Just notify the dumbass's insurance company that you will take check for the full amount and get it repaired on your own time. I've done this numerous times, they legally must pay you.

Will leave that message today....thanks!