AWD V8 Lumina

Buck531

Guest Removed

very true , but i got to play with alot of GMs test Cars.

id love to beat on the v-10 stang, but they cant keep clutch in the damn thing..youd think they would as least put a stronger aftermarket one in it!

That is neat! Ford had plans for a DOHC 2.3 Turbo that was going to be in a special edition SVO, but they never got around to doing it.

http://www.fordturbo.com/dohc.html

Not necessarily special edition, it was supposed to be the next generation of the 2.3/2.3T. However, as most things "concept" it never came into production, as the head had oiling problems and wear problems. Nothing that couldn't have been iron'd out, but in 85/86 there wasn't a market for, or rather I should say, Ford was behind the times (imagine that) and didn't think DOHC would be the "wave of the future."

neat

I also liked the AWD LS1 Grand Prix concept that never went anywhere.

I liked that car a lot too. As I understand, there was more than one in existance and they were fully running prototypes. Someone I knew in school said he drove one and it felt pretty dang fast. Although, there were issues with an Aztek AWD system standing up to the power of the LS1. The project did go somewhere though, it's probably the reason the GP GXP got a V8, but no AWD due to costs.

GM had some nice projects, a little on the crazy side, I think a V16 yukon they made for shit's and giggles.

Needed a test mule for the Cadillac Sixteen powertrain :) Sometimes you get pretty crazy vehicle/engine combinations when they build test mules.

Also, the V10 Mustang was pretty cool. If I remember correctly it was a V10 mod motor, and it ran off two ECU's.

Supposedly, GM could get 300HP out of the DOHC 3.4L that was in the stock Z34 Lumina's, but it was detuned because there was no suitable tranny for it. Not sure how much weight there is in that, but it's a common Fiero swap and a few guys were getting pretty good HP out of them.

I thought one thing Ford had was the Ranger with a vortech blown 302 that they introduced along with the lightning. Lightning got a better approval, so therefore the 93 Lightning was born.

Never heard of this. Could you possibly be confusing it with the SVT Ranger Lightning Bolt?

http://www.pickuptruck.com/IMAGES/stories/lightningbolt/lightningbolt2.jpg

That is the only SVT Ranger I know of to exist, and not to float my own boat, but if there was a 93 SVT Ranger, I would have known about it. But, stuff slips under my radar from time to time too.