Burning Oil

Radio Flyer1647545514

The car is Oil Leak Free. FUCK THE 3000. I'm better off putting oil in it every month or so. There is not a spot of oil, on the ground, or anywhere under the hood.

Just keep an extra bottle of oil in the car. Check it every fill up. Add a little bit as needed. Its what I do in my saturn. Rebuilding the engine is too costly unless you can do it yourself.

The car is Oil Leak Free. FUCK THE 3000. I'm better off putting oil in it every month or so. There is not a spot of oil, on the ground, or anywhere under the hood.

then its burning it.....either valve guides or bad rings...does it smoke, blue smoke?

Shit I donno. I would say depending on my drving, I will put in a qt. I think that is the size, every 2 weeks to once a month. My driving consists of, school every day, work, which should not even count. Delivery driving once a week. 5 deliveries in 6 hours. And soon hockey is to start which is to Easton and back Tue, and Wed, Fri, and Sun. games, which go as far as Athens, as short as Easton.

I also have a trip to the hookah bar about once a week which is downtown.

Oh well, all seems fine. It is just that I smell the shit burning. And for some odd reason I have never heard my fan come on. Looks as if all the belts near the fan are connected and stuff, but it seems to be a whole different issue, that and it never shows overheating signs on my temp guage.

But yeah. Thanks for the help.

I do a marvel mystery oil soak 12 hours before I do an oil change. It helps limit the burning....

Pull out spark plugs, put in about 2oz in every spark plug hole, put the rest in the crank case. Put shop rag in every hole and put oil cap back on. Close hood and go to sleep. Next day open the hood. Crank the car once until the rags shoot out the engine. Put rags back in, repeat cranking. Then put in spark plugs and wires. Drive around the block until all the smoking stops (LOTS of smoke is normal). Then change the oil. After about 4 oil changes you will notice it burning less oil... at least it did for me.