Brakes?

Radio Flyer1647545514

The squeak bad in reverse.

As in the pads looked fine, they had tones of pad left on them, looked brand new. They squeak when at the end of my stop.

Depending on how much pressure I apply to my brakes, they will squeak.

They dont tend to squeak when the car has been sitting for a bit. (Overnight)

Hi Ryan, I'm Ryan. I wouldn't worry about it. I just recently replaced my front pads and rotors and they squeak louder than the other set that were probably 13 years old. I think disc brakes are just tempermental.

propablely because you didnt lube a damn thing while you was there... most squeaks are caused by a vibration..be it dry mounting points, lack of shim's, etc.

Ive been installing brakes for over 14 years, not one pulls away noisy.

And youre tryying to agree with me about brakes?

But there so simple!

try cleaning them with brake cleaner (brake dust will do that) and pull your pads out and put some anti sqeak on the back of the pads and grease the slide pins. problem should be bye bye.

Agreed, if you've had a sticking slide for a short time the built up dust will cause a squeak. You may not see a difference in pad thickness depending on the time it has been stuck.

Make sure you lube all mounting points to prevent squeaks. Also make sure you lube the slides and that they function properly. While you've got it opened up, check the caliper to make sure it's not sticking.

If by chance the squeak doesn't go away, I can get you in at work any time.