Quaker 6/5 pics

Putty

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, guys let me say first off it was nice meeting you last night and hope we get to do some more riding then sitting next time :wink: LoL I think its funny to read your posts about my bike. I only have I think 160 give or take miles on it last night and at least 110 are from 270 lol. Sorry my tire is not up to pare for some of you. (Super racers of the bunch) I bought the bike to have fun on and have owned at least 15 street bikes over the years and 70,000 plus miles. Just sold my busa to play in the turns more but what do I know, I just bought it for bike night. LETS GO RIDE and get off the computer :D

Jaron

I have to agree with the fact that if I have 20K in a bike, Im probably not going to be tracking it anytime soon unless I was uber rich.. (I know how you all love the word uber)

Besides.. its a friggen 1098.. who here is good enough to handle a litre bike on the track anyway..

Anyone, anyone.

and let the smartass comments begin.

By the way.. I have to comment on the guy in the pics with the 1098.. Anyone notice the chatterbox on his helmet.. Maybe he should call Chris.. :banana::banana::lol::lol:

(For those of you that dont know. This is an inside joke and no offese is intended)

Nick, what roads are those Duc pics from? Ohio? Those are some pics.

Those are out in the British Columbia area. He's from Canada. He's always riding around Cali, WA, Oregon and Canada area. So where exactly? I don't know, but I do know it's in the Pacific Northwest. I would love to be able to ride Cali roads and the Pacific North West roads. Some of the best riding roads made. :bow:

Those are out in the British Columbia area. He's from Canada. He's always riding around Cali, WA, Oregon and Canada area. So where exactly? I don't know, but I do know it's in the Pacific Northwest. I would love to be able to ride Cali roads and the Pacific North West roads. Some of the best riding roads made. :bow:

Yeah it's about perfect up there. Most of my family is from up there; Oregon, Washington and Idaho. I was out there last September for my brothers wedding. I rode his R6 and he borrowed his buddy's Repsol replica 1000RR and headed up into the mountains. One of the most beautiful rides I've ever taken. I actually used it in my best man speech. Funny enough I felt more confident on those roads on his bike and leaned way further than I've had the chance to on my RR. Maybe it was the turns are so tight it's just so easy to lean with some speed. So far I haven't gotten my RR as far over, but then again it's seen more 675 miles than anything. Yeah that's right...mmmm tasty chicken strips on the RR. :lol:

speaking as a beginner and only having about 800 miles in 50 mile rides (on this vt 1100)

i havent scraped a peg yet and i want to but dont yet have the confidence or skill and dont want to throw my new bike into the woods ....so i appreciate all your comments about

under using the bike but its my baby and i dont want 2 seconds of stupid to ruin

a month of riding my bike ....

my father in law just bought a vtx 1300 last september and has been riding for thirty years..

he scrapped a peg after 80 miles and then was screwing around in my humble opinion and

laid the bike down two weeks before he was to head out to california for a three week ride

he wasnt wearing gear as most cruisers dont (leather vest AND HELMET) he has scars on both arms and knees and overextended his fingers and toes .. he has no knuckles on either hand ...so i wear full gear and take it easy... :D

I've never scraped a peg on my sportbike. Scraping hard parts is bad; need to hang off if that's what's happening. I've had my tires scrubbed to the sidewall and I've never scraped a peg. :dunno: Cruisers will definately scrape a peg probably. :dunno:

We're getting off topic though......

Thanks for the pics, I enjoyed looking at them! :cool:

Yeah it's about perfect up there. Most of my family is from up there; Oregon, Washington and Idaho. I was out there last September for my brothers wedding. I rode his R6 and he borrowed his buddy's Repsol replica 1000RR and headed up into the mountains. One of the most beautiful rides I've ever taken. I actually used it in my best man speech. Funny enough I felt more confident on those roads on his bike and leaned way further than I've had the chance to on my RR. Maybe it was the turns are so tight it's just so easy to lean with some speed. So far I haven't gotten my RR as far over, but then again it's seen more 675 miles than anything. Yeah that's right...mmmm tasty chicken strips on the RR. :lol:

You're lucky! I want to go to the PNW so bad! I hope someday we can move out to Idaho, Washington, Oregon, or maybe Montana. :)

Nice Fucking move people! Let's just slam the guy on the Duck for his tire wear and mileage, welcome to the club! Pretty sure him, Pedro, and I were witing for all of your late asses so we could ride half a mile to eat a hundred dollars worth of chicken wings.

Pops

Pedro, and I were waiting for all of your late asses so we could ride half a mile to eat a hundred dollars worth of chicken wings.

Pops

Thats good....I never seen so many people killing wings....we go there for the BIKES??? :lol::lol:

Am I faster then a lamborghini?Not a trick question,I really want to know...

On a YZF-600f.......you'd lose any race a lambo offered to give you. The new LP640 would run circles around you. :popcorn:

Everyone......please :bow:

0702_05.jpg

Am I faster then a lamborghini?Not a trick question,I really want to know...

my ... sorry ....My thoughts would be that once you got to a certain point the car would win ...

Straight line drag race it would depend on hp to weight ratios and traction but

in the corner, due to the car having much more tire and much more downforce, and you can only lean a

bike so far before you run out of tire or traction that the car could take corners faster.

Also, who goes faster, top fuel dragsters or bikes???

answer top fuel dragster is 4.5 sec. at 330mph and bike is 6.8 at 198 ... no contest due to more hp and downforce on the

dragster... cars have more potential for speed due to being bigger... :D

Lamborghini VS Ducati video: [url:f9222]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4481478676861198904&pl=true[/url:f9222]

[embed:f9222]"width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-4481478676861198904&hl=en"[/embed:f9222]

Pretty sweet video. Probably Ducati propaganda though. Still pretty impressive none the less. Especially when you figure that with enough savings, a 999 is within reach of owning. A Lambo, however is not a consideration unless I wanna sell my first born or a kidney.