The Bugatti is going down?

coltboostin

so tell me, it make 1100 bhp, on a 387, on 91 pump gas?????? HMMM seems a little strange to me. It also only weight 422 lbs huh?

Jackson

I was wondering the same thing. That must be one strong block...Thats a good 500-700 horsepower from a poweradder. I think the 422 is a typo.

I was wondering the same thing. That must be one strong block...Thats a good 500-700 horsepower from a poweradder. I think the 422 is a typo.

They're using a boosted LS series V8, IIRC.

It set the top speed record last week, so it is faster than the Veyron, but the Veyron has so much more content that if I had the choice I would be buying that many times over before an Ultimate Aero. The SSC UA is far down on my list of 'must have' cars. I actually like the looks of the Veyron, Konigsegg, Zonda, any Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche, and Corvette ZR-1 over the looks of this car.

The Areo TT is wind tunnel tested to show ( by calculations ) be able to hit 273 MPH. They have been saying for months that they would beat out the Veyron #'s. It does hold the slalom record @73.1 MPH, beating out the Enzo and Konigsegg's car's. The Areo TT is a very impressive car, no denying that. They are pushing known knowledge. Where as, the Veyron is still a 16 cylender, quad turbo, all wheel drive monster. Not too many people are working that technology. How long before someone swaps those 4 turbos to GT 42's? Then what?

The Areo is another car I hope to see at SEMA this year. I will take may pics for everyone.

The Bugatti is going down?

Far far from it. It will probably be 20 years befor anything comes along to mathte Veyron is terms of content and performance. No one is willing to lose that much moeny on a car.

As for the numbers, I'm sure this car certainly appeals to you, as it seems to be just about raw speed. If that's all you get, you'd better get it for a raw speed price. I'm sure I could put together a 250mph car that does 73mph slaloms for much less....and it would look allot better.

The side profile looks great...because they stol it. The nose is just disgusting. Those headlights are out-of-box parts for something, maybe a Prius or some Hyundai?

^^ Though I feel you are being a bit more critical than needed, the TT is a raw performance car. Where as; the Veyron is luxury performance. You really can't compare them on weight or features. And no one is mentioning that. The TT is a production race car that is street legal. Just like the Enzo. Stealing features/looks from other cars; well with aerodynamics, aren't you some what limited in your options? If you are going to argue that, doesn't Konigsegg look like Ferrari to some degree? Beating up the Areo TT will come out the same as saying the Veyron looks like shit. It's opinion. None of us on here are buying one anytime soon, so opinion and #'s is all we have to argue.

doesn't Konigsegg look like Ferrari to some degree?

In that it has four wheels, yes. :) The Konigsegg is the sexiest car out there at the moment, and it is because it doesn't rip off styling. It's a car shaped by the air, so really, all car should look like it. It has no ques or scoops or anything that doesn't need to be there. It desperately needs a wing, but has none.

The TT, from the side, is a Diablo, without much effort being made to make it distinct.

Is it a good shape? Sure.

Is it the best shape? No. It a tried and tested shape, and copying it was cheaper than development. C'mon, even the doors and side-glass were kifed, they look interchangeable. SSC took a Diable model, sanded some edges, and caled it theirs.

Perhaps my critisism is more for the builder than the car. You can't blame a car for being built.

The front is ugly, that's a fact, not opinion. :cool:

The Areo TT is wind tunnel tested to show ( by calculations ) be able to hit 273 MPH. They have been saying for months that they would beat out the Veyron #'s. It does hold the slalom record @73.1 MPH, beating out the Enzo and Konigsegg's car's. The Areo TT is a very impressive car, no denying that. They are pushing known knowledge. Where as, the Veyron is still a 16 cylender, quad turbo, all wheel drive monster. Not too many people are working that technology. How long before someone swaps those 4 turbos to GT 42's? Then what?

The Areo is another car I hope to see at SEMA this year. I will take may pics for everyone.

The C6 Z06 reportedly has a coefficient of drag of 0.31, while the SSC UA TT claims a coefficient of 0.357, and the Veyron has a coefficient of 0.36 when in top speed mode. So technically a boosted Z06 would have a higher calculated top speed in the wind tunnel. And I think that's a distinct possibility considering the engine in the UA TT.

I am impressed that such a small shop (or what seems like it) would take on the challenge of producing a car like this. But in my eye's it's more 'kit car' than an actual production car that went through a heavy design, validation, and refinement process. To me, the Veyron wins due to the immense number of hours that were spent to make that car perfect, and the systems that were developed specifically for that car.

The C6 Z06 reportedly has a coefficient of drag of 0.31, while the SSC UA TT claims a coefficient of 0.357, and the Veyron has a coefficient of 0.36 when in top speed mode. So technically a boosted Z06 would have a higher calculated top speed in the wind tunnel. And I think that's a distinct possibility considering the engine in the UA TT.

I am impressed that such a small shop (or what seems like it) would take on the challenge of producing a car like this. But in my eye's it's more 'kit car' than an actual production car that went through a heavy design, validation, and refinement process. To me, the Veyron wins due to the immense number of hours that were spent to make that car perfect, and the systems that were developed specifically for that car.

Good info. Thanks for putting that out there.

I agree that such a seemingly small company has done something very impressive. I personally don't care if it was a kit car or if they took design idea's from other makers.