flycut pistons in the car?

Dave1647545494

saw an article in a recent issue of a random mustang magazine that showed a 5.0 mustang getting the pistons flycut in the car this would be optimal for me right now scince my intake is leaking its all gotta come apart anyway and I could have fun this fall with my new heads instead of next spring :)

if anyone local can do this without me pulling the motor out lemme know otherwise I'll just go for a full rebuild this winter

thanks

• 1 month later...
Problem is if you gonna need that bigger valve your talking big power. When you flycut the piston in the motor your messing with the engines balance. Take your motor out. Put a reemer on each cylinder to get rid of the high spot in the top of the cylinder and pull them with the crank at TDC for the cylinder. Mark everything. Inspect your block crank rods and pistons for cracks. Check your pistons for scuffing on the skirts. Mic your crank and make your its not egg shapped. Also check the rods arent egg shaped. I would put a stock 5.0l past 450flywheel hp above 5500, but there are somethings you can do to make it safer. Balance your entire rotating assembly. Shotpeen your rods and have arp rods bolts installed and most importantly resized. Shit though jegs has eagle forged rods for 265 part # 356-SIR5090FP and they already got arp bolts and i got you the hookup on that stuff if you want it so it would cost less. The 5.0l blocks gonna break before those rods pistons on the crank does.

I'm not ever going to touch 400hp with my 5.0 I just want to run my new heads for awhile before I tear the car down all the way and put a windsor in it

Trying to do all that work just to run the heads on your current combo will not be worth the effort. Build the windsor, keep the heads fresh for it.

boost and juice found the tool isky makes it..... :)

rebuilding a windsor is not in my budget at the moment making my stock block work with my pretty afr paperwieghts is :)

my current combo should pickup close to 80hp from these heads I'm building an exact copy of a motor from mm&ff except I'm using a 2.02 afr 185 head instead of a 2.02 edelbrock head