Tinted Tails?

Draco-REX

It's done. WHEW! Took two days and nearly falling on my face at the end because I forgot to eat the second day. The whole thread is over on IWSTI.com, HERE.

But here's a couple quick pics:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2254/1728198899_2c27d063e8.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2315/1727605125_5a8c75fe15.jpg

Did the headlights too:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2200/1728457420_890dfdfe14.jpg

Nice...but I like the all tinted murdered the fuck out look of Corbins better!

I wanted a somewhat OEM look, so there will be some badges left on. But don't worry, some really nice black rims are on the way. ;) When I change over to them in the spring, I'll paint my stockers to match also.

Very nice, let me know if you want to line up next to a Protuned STG 2 car.

Heh, not until I go stage 2+ protune. ;) Though I'm going for a DD/Track tune rather than a drag tune.

BTW what are the things inside the wing?

They are wing supports, like the Perrin Stiffis but with a bit more meat to them and no stupid PERRIN on the side. GraphicSTI on IWSTI.com sells them. You can put up to 5 of them under the wing, but you only really need one. They stop the top from flapping. I got them because I hated how the upper wing bounced every time I hit a bump which made it look so cheap.

Though I'm going for a DD/Track tune rather than a drag tune.

What? :wtf: How are the tunes different? Mine has 20k on high boost, no issues if that is what you mean. I have 3 maps 91 low boost, 93 high boost, and a 100 oct. Map. Aaron's White STI was tuned right behind me on Buschurs dyno, he has won his class in Auto X at least once that I know of, he dynoed 10hp more than me, and I had 10 lbft of Tq more because I had a Cat and he does not. He has a bunch of suspension mods that I don't have, Not sure what you are talking about a DD/Track tune....

Please, I would like to know who will be tuning your car and where. I hope it is not who I think you are going to use.

Wouldn't the point of lining up against a STG 2 Car be you finding out what the extra power looks like compared to a STG 1 or stock car? :nono: Whatever.

What? :wtf: How are the tunes different? Mine has 20k on high boost, no issues if that is what you mean. I have 3 maps 91 low boost, 93 high boost, and a 100 oct. Map. Aaron's White STI was tuned right behind me on Buschurs dyno, he has won his class in Auto X at least once that I know of, he dynoed 10hp more than me, and I had 10 lbft of Tq more because I had a Cat and he does not. He has a bunch of suspension mods that I don't have, Not sure what you are talking about a DD/Track tune....

It's really just a more conservative tune. On the Track (road course) the car spends much more time under full load than it would on a drag strip. So I'll probably be leaving a little hp on the table in exchange for a safer tune. That's all.

Please, I would like to know who will be tuning your car and where. I hope it is not who I think you are going to use.

I'm seriously considering going all the way up to Buschur Racing. The local tuners haven't really impressed me, sorry. It;s just that I know if I bring my car there, I'll be getting a good tune. And he works with the AP which I have already.

Wouldn't the point of lining up against a STG 2 Car be you finding out what the extra power looks like compared to a STG 1 or stock car? :nono: Whatever.

Ahh. I thought you just wanted to race. :) I've a good idea what the difference is like, and I'm definately planning on Stage2 + protune. I'm just waiting for the spring because the car is only a couple months old and I'm trying to slow my modding bug down. :)

It's really just a more conservative tune. On the Track (road course) the car spends much more time under full load than it would on a drag strip. So I'll probably be leaving a little hp on the table in exchange for a safer tune. That's all.

I'm seriously considering going all the way up to Buschur Racing. The local tuners haven't really impressed me, sorry. It;s just that I know if I bring my car there, I'll be getting a good tune. And he works with the AP which I have already.

Ahh. I thought you just wanted to race. :) I've a good idea what the difference is like, and I'm definately planning on Stage2 + protune. I'm just waiting for the spring because the car is only a couple months old and I'm trying to slow my modding bug down. :)

Mine is not an all out tune Tim did some things and backed off of them because the gain wasn't much. I don't think any tuner will willingly put you DD on a map that is "walking the line". You are just going to tune it, it will have NOTHING to do with a track.

I'm glad you are not using a "local" tuner, misrepresentation in my eyes is a big no no. I used Tim Bailey from PDX, great guy and he knows his shit, other than Tim I would use Phil from Element if I was going crazy like Alex did.

Mine is not an all out tune Tim did some things and backed off of them because the gain wasn't much. I don't think any tuner will willingly put you DD on a map that is "walking the line". You are just going to tune it, it will have NOTHING to do with a track.

I think you'd be surprised. It seems like a number of people on IWSTI have drag tunes, if they have to have a knocklite and are seeing flashes on the street. Though most of those haven't gone to the tuners that have the best reputations.

I'm glad you are not using a "local" tuner, misrepresentation in my eyes is a big no no. I used Tim Bailey from PDX, great guy and he knows his shit, other than Tim I would use Phil from Element if I was going crazy like Alex did.

Yeah. I know some of the local tuners are good. And I'm sure there are plenty of people here who swear by them. But the STI, and especially the 07 STI, can be a finicky beast. So I'm just a little bit wary. I'll look into PDX.

+1 For Tim Bailey from PDX Tuning, my car was tuned by him up at Buschur over a year ago now. I have since put on 8k trouble free miles.

The tails look good too, I was glad to see you went ahead and painted them rather than going with the tint.

+1 For Tim Bailey from PDX Tuning, my car was tuned by him up at Buschur over a year ago now. I have since put on 8k trouble free miles.

The tails look good too, I was glad to see you went ahead and painted them rather than going with the tint.

Does he travel around? Looks like PDX is in Oregon.