Alternatives to College

87GT

If you took the $160,000 you would spend on college and spent it on condoms ($.83 each), you could have sex 132 times a day, or 5.5 times an hour. If that sounds excessive, you could have sex 3 times a day, buy a keg per day (for entertainment), a Cadillac Escalade, and still have $11.85 left over for weed every day for 4 years...

Where are you getting the $160k from...

OSU in-state tuition is less than half that

I can see it at a lot of schools, my sister's runs about $44k/year, its CRAZY.

edit, that's just for room/board and tuition, add in other necessary expenses and it rises very quickly.

If you took the $160,000 you would spend on college and spent it on condoms ($.83 each), you could have sex 132 times a day, or 5.5 times an hour. If that sounds excessive, you could have sex 3 times a day, buy a keg per day (for entertainment), a Cadillac Escalade, and still have $11.85 left over for weed every day for 4 years...

.......at a university like Brown or Richmond...

I went to KSU, tuition was about 8,500 a year,then rent with utilities was about 4k a year, and 2k a year for food/beer, but!!!!........ your going to have to pay for rent/food somewhere whether or not you are in college...

so in reality, you could pay as little as 34,000 for a decent/good education (it took me 5.5 years because i tried a few different majors out before i decided what i wanted to do).

In closing, i will say this; this day and age it seems like a college education is barely enough to be considered for a good job. The competition is getting more challenging, people are gettign masters like it's nothing now-a-days. The only way to separate yourself from the masses while searchign for a job post-graduation is to be agressive and take the initiative.... thats all companies really want to see.... hell, it worked for me and i had a job lined up for 1 week after i graduated (4 months ago).

Dooooood! You want fries with that?

OSU Girls > Kent Girls

....?

there might be MORE girls at OSU (probably 3 girls at OSU for every two at kent, but also know that the girl:guy ratio at kent is 5:2... jackpot), but the hot-to-ugly girl ratio at kent is about 4:1.... whereas OSU is about 1:2

For the retards "OSU has more girls, half of which are ass ugly, kent has about 1/3 less girls that osu.. but the quanitity of hot bitches is higher...

its the whole quality/quantity thing.... but what do i care, i have a hot GF (Recently turned fiance). so i'm good, lol

It has to be a high number to work out. This is for people who go to expensive schools. Columbus state isn't expensive. I went there for free and sold my books at the end of the class and got money back. I had no loans just grants.

It has to be a high number to work out. This is for people who go to expensive schools. Columbus state isn't expensive. I went there for free and sold my books at the end of the class and got money back. I had no loans just grants.

If you went to that expensive of a school just for a BS or BA, you should be making that money back annualy. It's all about the "big picture"

....?

there might be MORE girls at OSU (probably 3 girls at OSU for every two at kent, but also know that the girl:guy ratio at kent is 5:2... jackpot), but the hot-to-ugly girl ratio at kent is about 4:1.... whereas OSU is about 1:2

For the retards "OSU has more girls, half of which are ass ugly, kent has about 1/3 less girls that osu.. but the quanitity of hot bitches is higher...

its the whole quality/quantity thing.... but what do i care, i have a hot GF (Recently turned fiance). so i'm good, lol

I was refering to quality...

Compare Kent and OSU in terms of education....

IMHO college is overrated. Hard work will get you far, the only issue is that without a degree you have less room to promote. If you spend that 4-5 years working rather than learning, you will likely be the manger interviewing the person when they graduate.

My friend graduated top of her class and I make over $30k more than her.... However I can bet you in about 5-10 years she will be making a lot more than me. I feel I win because at 24 years of age I was able to buy a home and become financially happy.

If you are smart you get a job with tuition reimbursement and make money from your job, while you save money on classes.

At Ohio University the weed and kegs are included in the tuition fees.

I didn't know you were a bobcat. I graduated class of 97. I just wish there were good paying jobs in Athens, I would so live down there.

On topic, that degree on my wall was worth every dollar. Which thanks to student loans I will be repaying for 10 more years.

Compare Kent and OSU in terms of education....

both are huge state party schools... so they lack the silver lining.

I thought kent was alright, i've also done my fair share of damage to OSU.

Honestly though, hindisght being 20/20... i'd rather gone to a school like depauw or University of pennsylvania... oh well, too late.

all i can do now is use my ambition to find ways of acheiving financial freedom (either by working for someone else (doubtful for too long) or going on my own )

I didn't know you were a bobcat. I graduated class of 97. I just wish there were good paying jobs in Athens, I would so live down there.

On topic, that degree on my wall was worth every dollar. Which thanks to student loans I will be repaying for 10 more years.

Yeah I lived in True House there for a minute. Met my wife, dropped out, then made money the hard way. I have to admit I love Athens.

IMHO college is overrated. Hard work will get you far, the only issue is that without a degree you have less room to promote. If you spend that 4-5 years working rather than learning, you will likely be the manger interviewing the person when they graduate.

My friend graduated top of her class and I make over $30k more than her.... However I can bet you in about 5-10 years she will be making a lot more than me. I feel I win because at 24 years of age I was able to buy a home and become financially happy.

If you are smart you get a job with tuition reimbursement and make money from your job, while you save money on classes.

I bought my home @ 22...

You don't need a degree to be succesfull, but in engineering, its a requirement.