FS: 1974 Jensen Healy - 26K orig miles!!!

craig71188

I just can't keep this with all the other projects going on - good solid car to restore or engine swap?

1974 Jensen Healey, 26K original miles! 2.0L Lotus engine, 4 speed, AM/FM/Cassette, new tires, battery, water pump. Includes new top (still in box), reprint of factory manual, and car cover. Purchased from second family to own car - was in storage several years - now ready to enjoy this fall. Not perfect by any stretch, but a good solid car. Other home improvement projects-lack of winter storage forces sale. $3500 or reasonable offer

Pictures here:

***OLD LINK DELETED***

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
How hard (and how much) would it be to source the getrag 5speed that later come with the car? Are the carbs the only issue? Are they the Stromberg side drafts? I had to deal with tuning those all the time when I had my TR7. It's been years, however.

How hard (and how much) would it be to source the getrag 5speed that later come with the car? Are the carbs the only issue? Are they the Stromberg side drafts? I had to deal with tuning those all the time when I had my TR7. It's been years, however.

I know several folks have done the 5 speed conversion - I do not know the cost, nor where they are sourcing the box (OE on something?). The motor runs strong and seems sound - I did a "quickie" replacement of some gaskets on the carbs (leaks) and didn't really go through them like I should have. Also, just to get it started, I cleaned the old points - and they had "closed up" the other day. I would assume new points condensor and a thorough carb rebuild / adjustment would set it right.

• 1 month later...