Newer tune

Twistedrx7

So i was having troubles with my new boost controller not keeping consistent boost and decided i would have it retuned anyway.

I made 334rwhp and cant remember final tq... at 5000rpm i made 294lbs tq and 291rwhp...so im happy. I will post a dyno sheet later...

Just thought i would share the good news.

Jake

Nice #'s Jake. Glad it's coming together for you. What boost was that at?

Seems like we are running pretty close. I hit 345whp @ 6500rpm a few weeks back. Still getting some break up at 5000rpm and that is holding me back from running to 8000rpm. And I'm on another set of turbos now. LOL.

EDIT: BTW, I still have the vids from your pulls on 7/7/07.

awesome numbers joe sounds like yours is coming together. I still need to get those videos from you. Another set of turbos, thats crazy, just go single lol...Oh and by the way there was a rx7 there that did 400lbs tq and 280 or 290 rwhp on stock twins lol No porting whatsoever

Since it sounds like this is the "I just tuned my RX-7 thread," thought I'd give an update:

Got the rebuilt turbos (again) on the car, and dyno tuned it on Thursday. Final run was 315rwhp, 262tq @12psi (stock IC.) On the third pull, it put down close to 330, but we were getting some boost breakup at high rpms. Overall, the car is much easier to drive, and the power is nice and linear.

there was a rx7 there that did 400lbs tq and 280 or 290 rwhp on stock twins lol No porting whatsoever

Yes it did, I can attest. 25 lbs @ 5K rpm equals 400 ft lbs.

Uhh... so stock twins @ 25psi made 400rwtq@5kRPM and 290 peak hp?

Any idea what the IAT was?

Maybe I'm missing something... but I'd really like to see that graph.

Jake(RX7store), They pulled out of the pull @ 5KRPM. The boost controller fucked up, it was only suppose to be @ 17ish lbs. Maybe logan will chime in and post the graph if not, send him a pm or stop by the shop if you doubt it.

Jake(yellow fd) Nice numbers, I wish I would have made it up there earlier to see your pulls.

Jackson

My dyno run.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c168/twistedrx7/Jakenonseq.jpg

its all good. I was there at 11 am lol. i wanted to make sure i didnt end up like matt and be there till god knows when lol ...

25psi run numbers were close to 400lbs tq

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c168/twistedrx7/Matt25psi.jpg

368 rear wheel hp at 5000, and 385 ft-lbs. Full stock high mileage reman engine, and high mileage stock twins. Wish everyone could run twins like this all the time :) His intake temps were datalogged, went up to 49C. But it has a rather effective cooling system if I say so myself ;)