Opinions about transmissions...

V8 Beast

Since I have the wierd ability to break everything I touch I was thinking about building my car around indestructable parts. In the last 10 months I have broke 3 different 3-4 clutch packs on 3 different transmissions. The first one was stock, the second was rebuilt by a guy in Florida, the 3rd is the same transmission Kool Rays is running. I know I dont have more power than Ray, so I'm going to blame it on bad luck.

Now that you have the story if you were me would you just have it fixed the same way, consider a 4L80E, or go to a th-400. Before you talk about streetability the car is an 01 and just hit 30k miles 2 weeks ago. So basically, I really dont drive it that much. Either way I will not have to pay for anything. I can sell the tranny/stall I have now and use the money I get to replace it and get a new drive shaft.

Brian we are running a turbo 400 in shawns car and have had good luck with it. The only problem it ever gave us is it cracked the case once, but that was an easy fix. Just had to swap cases. Turbo 400's can be had built for cheaper then a stock 4l80e.

I have said it before. RPMTransmissions.com. Call IPS and have them order it for you. Rodneys trans cant be beat. Linn, and myself and a few others have been runnin them for awhile with no problems. They take a beating and keep on runnin.

RPM transmissions builds all lingenfelters transmissions. This is the only shop i would have build my trans.

RPM transmissions builds all lingenfelters transmissions.

Not true.

I know that Carl has built transmissions for Lingerfelters for a long time.

More recently Lingerfelter sent Carl a few of the six speed auto's for R&D.

Im not saying Rodney has never done any work for them Nor do I deny that they do a great job. As I posted in the other threads on this subject. Both shops do outstanding work. One of them is in Ohio and is within driving distance. Thats the one I choose. Also Rodney was not a known player the first time I had my transmission upgraded. I still will continue to Go with Carl. As far as upgrading to a turbo400 thats a decision youi will have to make based on personel driving habits. I will say the you do break alot of transmissions and the T400 is indestructable (for most people)

Both Rossler and RPM do great work, but I'm sticking with Carl. Before I purchased it I did my research and both of them were neck in neck as far as complaints vs. recommendations. I called RPM and they blew me off. I called Carl and he talked to me for a half an hour. Before I called I was 50/50 but Carl took the time to explain everything that had to be done. Plus when he was building the tranny he wanted to see me get into a trans brake so bad that he just about gave me the deeper tranny pan for free. He said it would be a waste not to use those 33 spline axles :D

If I'm lucky Carl will just swap me transmissions since he already has mine.

Not true.

I know that Carl has built transmissions for Lingerfelters for a long time.

More recently Lingerfelter sent Carl a few of the six speed auto's for R&D.

Im not saying Rodney has never done any work for them Nor do I deny that they do a great job. As I posted in the other threads on this subject. Both shops do outstanding work. One of them is in Ohio and is within driving distance. Thats the one I choose. Also Rodney was not a known player the first time I had my transmission upgraded. I still will continue to Go with Carl. As far as upgrading to a turbo400 thats a decision youi will have to make based on personel driving habits. I will say the you do break alot of transmissions and the T400 is indestructable (for most people)

Intresting, I thought Rodney did them all.

Either one has proven pretty effective; I'd throw a manual valvebody in there too, just for good measure. Built TH400s are nice just because they're interchangeable with a lot of setups, i.e. easy to sell if you ever change directions with the car.