installed clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster

Ramsey

i have the BBK cable on my car, with the BBK quadrant. I never installed the firewall adjuster, that i bought.

if you didn't switch out the stock clutch cable, you will have to do that, as it stretches out too much, and will not allow the clutch to DISENGAGE--the car will not shift. if you did change out the cable, and the quadrant, you either have it installed incorrectly?, or you haven't adjusted the cable correctly at the clutch fork where the cable hooks into it. because i've been too lazy to install my firewall adjuster, this is how i make my clutch adjustments--underneath the car, i remove the clutch inspection dust boot, and adjust the two jam nuts to give me more or less slack. these jam nuts are not on the stock clutch cable. the stocker requires you to lift up on the clutch pedal to adjust the shitty plastic quadrant, and take up slack in the cable

hope this helps

I have a very tight stock cable, and a newr centerfoce dual friction, I have fixed the problem for now, but now i have no adjustablity. I will be getting a new cable soon. I had to remove the inner peice of the firewall adjuster.

you need to get an aftermarket cable. i've had the BBK unit on my car for 8 years, and have not had a problem. while the stock clutch cable itself is not adjustable, the stock clutch quadrant allows you to take slack out of the cable because it has the quadrant with teeth. you pull up on the clutch pedal with your foot, hear a few clicks and now the clutch releases higher up from the floor. after the stock cable stretches out too much, you can no longer do this.

the aftermarket clutch cables allow adjustability from under the car down by the clutch fork at the bellhousing. buy one of those, and your problem will be solved

no offense but adjustable cables are far inferior in quality to OE cables. Again, I would go with the longer maximum motorsports cable.

When I got my car with a "new" FMS HD clutch, I could barely push the pedal with all of my strength. I switched to a king cobra and it wasn't much better. I checked my cable routing which was incorrect and it got slightly better.

I got the max motorsports quadrant, cable, and firewall adjuster and I swear the pedal pressure was reduced by 50%. I wouldn't recommend their firewall adjuster though as mine was occasionaly needing readjustment as it doesnt lock. A bit of permatex fixed it but I would get another brand on that- UPR or fiore microclick.

You will need a firewall adjuster with a factory style non adjustable cable and no plastic pawl under the dash that kirk is referring to.

Good luck!