Verizon usb727

jeremygsxr

I was at a Verizon store today to get my phone replaced, and decided to get a wireless modem. I get a 30 day trial and can return it if I don't like it.

So far it seems pretty good. I get my internet from the neighbors house about 150-200 feet away with the help of a range expander. the speed is comparable. I pulled cnn.com up and it showed up right away, and OR is running smoothly, pictures and all!

$60 monthly assuming I dont go over the usage set, which I dont think I would. It automatically switches to a faster connection if ones available.

Is there anything that is as good or better for cheaper? As many know I'm not a computer smart person

is this a better idea than having a bundle package through time warner? I want to drop these fuckers on their ass but cant because i need the internet. how can you figure out how much you use a month?

It seems to work well. When I'm somewhere that I can get another wireless feed, it runs from that so it's not using the Verizon service, costing toward your usage.

Esimated Size of Common File Types*

Application Approximate Size 50 MB 5 GB E-mail (1 page without attachments) 3 KB

17,067 1,747,627 Word Document (5 text pages) 70 KB

731 74,898 Typical Web Page Lookup 150 KB

341 34,953 Low Resolution Digital Photo 500 KB

102 10,486 PowerPoint® Presentation

(20 pages text and light graphics) 3MB

16 1,706 V CAST Music PC Download

(3-minute song) 4 MB

13 1280

I think this is it. I have the 5GB, so to stay within my usage allowance I can open 1,747,627 emails and 10,500 photos, etc.

I just got a place, and I'm not looking to add any more bills, but if this is a cheap way I'll probably go through ATT and do it, guess I'm done downloading files :(

How many times can I refresh OR.net? Thats all I really am concerned with :D

Apparently if you get a new pda or blackberry type phone these days it throws of a wifi signal that your wireless pc card can tap into for internet access. Just an fyi for all those pda nerds. I'm looking into for sales people use. We have to pay $55/month on air cards.