EVO X Pics

thorne

Ironically, without the wing I think the new X is actually more visually appealing.

Combine that with better everything = Teh Win

I heard a while ago that the top en model would approach 38K. Making it nearly useless in the market. However, if they keep it below 30, it will have a chance!

Ironically, without the wing I think the new X is actually more visually appealing.

Combine that with better everything = Teh Win

I heard a while ago that the top en model would approach 38K. Making it nearly useless in the market. However, if they keep it below 30, it will have a chance!

MR model auto only with shift paddles.

I was *seriously* considering getting the X. I had wanted an STI for so long, and then the 08 came around. I had hated how the Evo 8 and 9 looked, and then the X came around. I think the X looks incredible. Much more agressive looking and the handling technology should be incredible.

But.. It'll be a first-year car. It'll be a Mitsubishi, who don't have the greatest reliability reputation. And as of Aug. 29th, it was unproven....

And on Aug 29th, there was a Black 07 STI optioned out JUST as I would want it sitting on the Byer's lot. :) And it was proven, reliable, and not a first-year car.

It still took me a couple hours of standing in the sun to decide..

I talked to someone that got to drive a regular Lancer with the paddle shift and said it was terribly slow, though Mitsu is claiming it will be as good as the Audi DSG(and that's a big claim!) on the Evo.

The SST in the X is *nothing* like the CVT in the GTS. The only similarity is the paddles. The SST is essentially a manual transmission with two clutches that are computer operated. One input shaft is for gears 1,3,5, and the other for 2,4,6,R. When you are in one gear, the next gear is already engaged with the clutch open. So when you upshift, one clutch is opened when the other closes. This gets you an upshift of only 8ms. Downshifts are on par with an expert on a manual.