DVD burning on vista

Bird69

anyone having any problems ripping/decrypting/burning dvds on vista? i have vista 64 bit and i've tried dvd decrypter and dvd shrink both the latest versions and it starts decrypting fine then about half way into it, i crash pretty hard. is it my burner, vista or what?

ok, i tried everything it said on afterdawn, kept crashing. the last program i used was anydvd, in win xp sp2 compatability mode as an admin. this time i got a bluescreen that said...

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

technical info

*** STOP; 0x0000007A (0xFFFFF88001F1510, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000185, 0x0000000046A8A820, 0xFFFFF96000298088)

*** win32k.sys - address FFFFF96000298088 BASE AT FFFFF96000000000

i appreciate your help guys and anymore you want to send my way, maybe i just wasn't meant to burn dvds

I run Vista 32 bit on two machines.

Neither have any issue with burning. I burn using Nero 7 Ultra, DVD Shrink, and if it is encrypted, I'll use DVD Decryptor/RipIt4Me/FixVTS. I've never had ANY issues burning CD's and DVD's under Vista. Includes burning MP3 CD's, image files to DVD, file backups to DVD as well.

I have a TON of "backed up" DVD movies burned through Vista, so anyone saying you can't do it thru Vista doesn't know WTF they are talking about. I've done NOTHING different than I did in XP.

I didn't say all, you jackass. I said there's issues with Vista and DRMs in the known market.

Go back to XP anyways, Vista blows.

You didn't say it wasn't all either. I have yet to find a DVD that was even mildy challenging to burn.

I have no issues with Vista at all, other than NVidia slacking on features in their drivers that they offer on XP.

Everything else works perfectly.

This Vista blows crap is the SAME stuff we heard when XP came out. Vista isn't the memory hog that everyone is lead to believe; it IS a CPU hog, though. :(

vista is not crap I work on computer all day and i have yet to have a customer come in with a vista issue unlike when xp came out everyone ahd problems. Yes there are advantages to both but vista doesnt suck.

I havent got a chance to use it yet but my friend downloads movies from bitlord and uses dvdsanta to burn them to the dvds to watch on his tv.

this may work easier for you cause i think it automatically changes the format to what you need.

I also have never had a problem burning any type of dvd in vista