lowering

Jonan1647545505

i just picked up my second bike last weekend. 98gsxr600 great upgrade from my first bike 89gs500. i am toein to the limit on the gsxr. the 500 i could touch better but not being able to really touch is the reason i dropped the 500. so i dont want to drop my new bike and almost did yesturday. im 5'6" 155lbs.

i searched the board and got a lot of mixed feelings. i really dont want to sacrafice handling, love the lean, but i dont wanna drop it.

if i lower it i would get some "dog bones" off ebay, which lowers the rear suspension only, right? and how do you lower the front? losen the forks and slide the bike down? do i need to lower the front and rear at the same time/amount? if i lower just the rear will it make it more comfortable/give it a less agressive stance? oh and i would only want to lower it 1-1.5 inches.

opinions, ideas, comments, i already tried streching my legs out and that didnt work.

Honestly man, I have more fun on a lowered bike on the street the a stock height one. They handle different, but not really so much in a bad way, and once you learn where your lean angle limits are, corners are just as fun.

Lowering is easy, dog-bone on the back and as long as the bike will allow it, raise the forks up through the triple clamps roughly the same amount, and readjust your suspension to your liking.

I'm sure there are plenty guys on here that would give you a hand with it, as seen above.

Bikes are so much easier to work on then cars, its ridiculous, once you learn the basics and have someone show you the more complicated stuff, there isnt a bike out there you cant have torn apart and back together in a day...

• 2 weeks later...