Buckeyes #1

1Quik7

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as far as i'm concerned...every team in the entire ranking is over-rated...almost every opponent we still have on our roster was favored very highly in the opening of the season.

USF beat Rutgers.....ranked 24, dropped out.....Oregon(i love the Ducks) they beat Michigan...is that a feat?

all i'm saying is this team is very reminiscent of our championship year, great defense, questionable offense...a complete surprise...at least to me.

as far as i'm concerned...every team in the entire ranking is over-rated...almost every opponent we still have on our roster was favored very highly in the opening of the season.

USF beat Rutgers.....ranked 24, dropped out.....Oregon(i love the Ducks) they beat Michigan...is that a feat?

all i'm saying is this team is very reminiscent of our championship year, great defense, questionable offense...a complete surprise...at least to me.

Now that OSU's tour of Ohio is over, maybe they can play some somewhat decent teams now, since no one in the Big 10 is great this year. They still have a lot of proving to do.

And USF beat Auburn at Auburn and WVU. Those are definitely more high quality teams than anything OSU has played this year to this point. But OSU can definitely prove itself in the last month and a half of the season.

I dont think they are under or overrated. The only reason they are getting all the attention now is because everyone else is losing...most of them to unranked teams.

I know this always makes for an argument, but thats why I would like to see a playoff. Take the top 8-12 teams and go at it. If high schools can do it why cant college?

So USC loses to an unranked team (at home) and we steamroll every unranked team (even some ranked ones) at home or away and we're overrated? Im definitly not saying LSU or USF or USC wouldnt give us a run for our money but i still think we deserve to be in the top 3 if not the number 1 seed.

I dont think they are under or overrated. The only reason they are getting all the attention now is because everyone else is losing...most of them to unranked teams.

I know this always makes for an argument, but thats why I would like to see a playoff. Take the top 8-12 teams and go at it. If high schools can do it why cant college?

i agree, i think they should have a playoff system. this BCS way is going to make everyone look silly this year. with all these one loss teams, someone will go. and with someone like USF, they might get the short end here.... not fair to them.

We'll have our chance to prove ourselves for the most part with the 2 key away games. We havn't played well in Happy valley in recent years and I think it will be tough to win there as well as the the Big House "if" UM has Mike Hart, without him they have nothing.

We'll have our chance to prove ourselves for the most part with the 2 key away games. We havn't played well in Happy valley in recent years and I think it will be tough to win there as well as the the Big House "if" UM has Mike Hart, without him they have nothing.

He will play

He has to find something to cry about every game

the Ducks may not have played anyone significant other than Cal and Stanford yet, but the rest of their schedule is killer. The PAC-10 never gets any fucking respect but Oregon still has to face USC, ASU, Arizona, and UCLA. Fucking tough schedule, regardless of the upsets those teams have been involved in.

USF without a doubt in my mind the best team in the nation. The Big East is INCREDIBLY competitive this year, and the only reason they're going to be a #3 rank after this weekend is because they're not a prestige school like BC and OSU. Like was mentioned before, WVU is an amazing team with a bunch of guys that are going to do really well in the pros, Ray Rice from Rutgers is easily a #1 running back his rookie year in the NFL, so if USF can stop him that's mad props. As for anyone thinking the Big East is shit, UConn beat Akron 44-10, OSU beat them 20-2. That's fucking silly.

No way in hell OSU deserves to be #1 this year. However, I do like that we're not in the spotlight, when teams fly under the radar it can mean good things in a bowl game.

the Ducks may not have played anyone significant other than Cal and Stanford yet, but the rest of their schedule is killer. The PAC-10 never gets any fucking respect but Oregon still has to face USC, ASU, Arizona, and UCLA. Fucking tough schedule, regardless of the upsets those teams have been involved in.

USF without a doubt in my mind the best team in the nation. The Big East is INCREDIBLY competitive this year, and the only reason they're going to be a #3 rank after this weekend is because they're not a prestige school like BC and OSU. Like was mentioned before, WVU is an amazing team with a bunch of guys that are going to do really well in the pros, Ray Rice from Rutgers is easily a #1 running back his rookie year in the NFL, so if USF can stop him that's mad props. As for anyone thinking the Big East is shit, UConn beat Akron 44-10, OSU beat them 20-2. That's fucking silly.

No way in hell OSU deserves to be #1 this year. However, I do like that we're not in the spotlight, when teams fly under the radar it can mean good things in a bowl game.

Your on some serious drugs if you think UConn could play with OSU. I doubt that teams like UConn are playing their third string teams in the third quarter like OSU has been. Prediction: Big East does not represent in THE BCS bowl this year...or likely ever.

WVU has an amazing 1 dimensional offense

Rutgers does nothing more to impress me than have Ray Rice.

Plus White wussed out and didn't even play a half a game against USF.

I'm not saying they are bad, but it's not "there is no way in hell OSU should be #1"

I am sorry but you don't have the #1 total defense, #1 scoring defense and have people say that you don't deserve to be where you are.

And no, that comparison does not work

OSU should be number #1 right now on the basis of teams losing in front of them, but not on games won. It's pretty hard to disagree with that. And I find it hard to talk shit on the Big East this year when the Big 10 is the worst conference in football.

WVU has an amazing 1 dimensional offense

Rutgers does nothing more to impress me than have Ray Rice.

Plus White wussed out and didn't even play a half a game against USF.

I'm not saying they are bad, but it's not "there is no way in hell OSU should be #1"

I am sorry but you don't have the #1 total defense, #1 scoring defense and have people say that you don't deserve to be where you are.

And no, that comparison does not work

#1 defense against what offense.

i'm not saying UConn can hang with OSU, but OSU doesn't deserve to be #1 based on their record against a buch of hacks. I'd rather lose a game to a team of my own caliber than spend all year beating up on nobodys and padding my stats.

Ummm the Big East has won a BCS bowl the past 2 years and they will "represent" again this year with 1 or possibly 2 teams if USF and WVU win out

I'm talking the BCS Championship Bowl game not one for the also rans.

#1 defense against what offense.

i'm not saying UConn can hang with OSU, but OSU doesn't deserve to be #1 based on their record against a buch of hacks. I'd rather lose a game to a team of my own caliber than spend all year beating up on nobodys and padding my stats.

Against any offense, it doesn't fucking matter! Ohio State is #1 because they show up every weekend to play and they win their games.

Minnesota Offense- #18

Northwestern- #28

Purdue- #30

Kent State- #60

and they play the #15 offense this saturday

Minnesota, Northwestern, Purdue, Kent State.... please don't tell me you think those wins mean anything no matter what their offense is rated

I just don't want to see OSU get blown out again in another championship game because they played a shitty schedule like last year... their 2 big wins were against overrated Texas and Michigan teams who got blown out in their own bowl games

Minnesota, Northwestern, Purdue, Kent State.... please don't tell me you think those wins mean anything no matter what their offense is rated

I just don't want to see OSU get blown out again in another championship game because they played a shitty schedule like last year... their 2 big wins were against overrated Texas and Michigan teams who got blown out in their own bowl games

Just because Ohio State beat them last year doesnt mean they were overrated. Also they got blown out due to bad preparation and horable coaching (the tape proves that 100%). If they would have entered the game ready to play instead of dragging their huge ego behind them they might have won.... or at least made the game entertaining

As far as this year I dont see how anyone can say "they are number one because teams lost" in a negative way. Its football, thats how it works!! If number 1 loses, number 2 becomes number one.

Dont start complaining until the season is almost over and your trusted team is still undefeated. A number one rank in the middle of the season doesnt mean anything. The BCS is more forgiving for early season losses than it is for late season losses.