Holy shit, Buck hits 12's!

Buck531

About fucking time!

I want to thank Derek for letting me borrow the slicks. Brian (V8 beast) for letting me borrow the Envoy, My boss Dave (Wide Open? on here) for letting me borrow his trailer, and my wife who has put up with a lot of my shit the past year trying to hit 12's.

All other 8 or so runs couldn't come close to 12.9. Kinda sucks. traction got worse during the day. That run above was the 2nd pass of the day. On the first pass I had a 1.92 60' and went 13.05 @ 104 with a larger pulley. I slapped on the 3.0 pulley and 10 minutes later was back running.

Car felt good. too. Didn't break anything (thank alah). :).

The 12.9 pass I barely did a burnout. Just almost wiped off the tires and cut a 1.800 60'. All the rest of the day I coudlnt' get lower than a 1.94 :(. I think the blower was just getting way too hot. I was only letting it cool down for 1/2 hour at the most and having no intercooler sucks balls. Next spring I'll be shooting for a 12.5 and I know I"ll be able to hit it with an i/c and some more timing.

Here's the video of the 12.9.

Buck dude this is all I got, kinda weak, sorry G.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb291/boostedgtp/Norwalk%2010-15-07/IMG_0884.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb291/boostedgtp/Norwalk%2010-15-07/IMG_0883.jpg

Derek sometime here I gota get with you and see what kinda wheel and tire combo I can get on my beater.

congrats brother. nice to see one of the original bling bros breaking into the 12's with one of the original blingmobiles.

No shit.

I think there are a few people here who have seen this car go from a 15.4 to a 12.9. Very few for that matter.

I have NOT sold out to faster cars.. (only because I can't afford another car). :p

Yeah. The Charger hit a big 2.5 60' and I think just gave up ( I hope). he ran a 23.7 @ 52.

Almost like my run with Austin last year when he missed a shift! :woowoo:

Nice job! Love to see the FWD crowd put the smack on what looked like a Hemi ;) I was even waiting after your time to post and see him cross the line.........but waited and it seemed to never happened :p

Makes me miss my 99 GTP. Gave her to my dad who since put on new headers and an intercooler. He's not a track guy, but I know she ran mid 13's when I got rid of her so I can only assume she's doing well now and making my near 80 year old dad smile daily :D:cool:

About fucking time!

I want to thank Derek for letting me borrow the slicks. Brian (V8 beast) for letting me borrow the Envoy, My boss Dave (Wide Open? on here) for letting me borrow his trailer, and my wife who has put up with a lot of my shit the past year trying to hit 12's.

All other 8 or so runs couldn't come close to 12.9. Kinda sucks. traction got worse during the day. That run above was the 2nd pass of the day. On the first pass I had a 1.92 60' and went 13.05 @ 104 with a larger pulley. I slapped on the 3.0 pulley and 10 minutes later was back running.

Car felt good. too. Didn't break anything (thank alah). :).

The 12.9 pass I barely did a burnout. Just almost wiped off the tires and cut a 1.800 60'. All the rest of the day I coudlnt' get lower than a 1.94 :(. I think the blower was just getting way too hot. I was only letting it cool down for 1/2 hour at the most and having no intercooler sucks balls. Next spring I'll be shooting for a 12.5 and I know I"ll be able to hit it with an i/c and some more timing.

Here's the video of the 12.9.