F1 drivers have it easy?

Science Abuse

Good stuff, send it to all of your NASCAR friends. :) Ask them: "Even if your BS is true, and ABS stops the car for you, and Traction control accelerates it for you; could you keep the car out of the wall?"

Forget NASCAR drivers, a lot of F1 drivers can't handle Monacco.

Anyone who thinks their NASCAR driver can stack up against F1 drivers or Pro Rally drivers can't be persuaded otherwise. They've already thrown all reason out the window.

WOW.

NASCAR would be better if you had to drink a 12 pack at every pit stop. I would probably watch it then. "Flat" tires might become a lot more common... I so wish I was dictator of the world. We'd have beer guzzling NASCAR races, we'd (foot) race crackheads, there would be no speeding tickets. you'd get a 10 minute "time out" (pull over, wait) for anything 35+ over the speed limit and that's it. Really, just social pressure not to be the guy that lost the game. I can't believe my age and supposed education don't talk me off the hating traffic enforcement pedestal, but I cannot succumb to peace!

I just thought to add a fan club to the drinking pit stop - imagine 25 fans - the best the country has to offer - who had to MATCH the driver's 12 pack chug per pit stop before he could leave the pits. Can you IMAGINE the hillbilly competition that would arise trying to be one of those 25??? It would be like soccer everywhere else in the world, assasinations even (except by sawed off 12 gauge).

Ah I have an imagination...

"(Reply)

jeff gordon is a though mutha fucka and the best driver ever

if u say he dont, watch his wreck in the 2006 pocono race when he lost brakes

and 07 coca-cola 600 where he slipped in the grass "

And I rest my case. A driver's crashes should not be used as a measure of his skill. LOL

I watched an F1 race a couple of years ago and they had to cross train tracks :lol: . I don't care what you all say, getting bumped by other cars at 180 would make most of you bitches cry for mommy. Before you start bashing race drivers of any sort you better be able to handle the car yourself. Montoya is no superstar in Nascar, hell how many races has he even finished? All I have to say is if it has wheels and a motor, it can be raced and I would watch.

I don't care what you all say, getting bumped by other cars at 180 would make most of you bitches cry for mommy.
No, though it may make you cry for mommy. Anyone who watches NASCAR knows that they bump with impunity because THEY CAN. There's no fear in the car, with the exception of pissing off your sponsors. Pay me enough and I'll run round in a pack of stock cars, no shitz. I just have to keep from making the Dale Sr right turn and I'll be fine.

Mantoyas performance is a function of the team he is on...and I just don't give a shit anyways. We all know why he's there.

You say getting bumped would make us uneasy? Hows this for comparison:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/northamptonshire/content/images/2006/07/27/laura_silverstone06_400x300.jpg

F1 rides, marketing disaster. The cars were much slower than racing tier cars, and only driven at about 70% with passengers...and they would not stop screaming. Not "Ohh no, this is crazy, whooooa", most were screaming as loud as they could. You can find a few of these cars still around at racing schools over on the continent, but use with the general public is pretty much done.

"(Reply)

jeff gordon is a though mutha fucka and the best driver ever

if u say he dont, watch his wreck in the 2006 pocono race when he lost brakes

and 07 coca-cola 600 where he slipped in the grass "

Jeff Gordon was also offered a shot at F1 just as his NASCAR career was taking off. The problem was, the team wanted to put him in F3000 with the possibility of moving up. Gordon was making millions in NASCAR so it wasn't a tough decision.

No, though it may make you cry for mommy. Anyone who watches NASCAR knows that they bump with impunity because THEY CAN. There's no fear in the car, with the exception of pissing off your sponsors. Pay me enough and I'll run round in a pack of stock cars, no shitz. I just have to keep from making the Dale Sr right turn and I'll be fine.

Mantoyas performance is a function of the team he is on...and I just don't give a shit anyways. We all know why he's there.

No fear? Oh you're a stud. What are you doing here? Call up Hendrick Motorsports and tell them fuck Jr, you are next best thing since sliced bread. :lol:

I watched an F1 race a couple of years ago and they had to cross train tracks :lol: . I don't care what you all say, getting bumped by other cars at 180 would make most of you bitches cry for mommy. Before you start bashing race drivers of any sort you better be able to handle the car yourself. Montoya is no superstar in Nascar, hell how many races has he even finished? All I have to say is if it has wheels and a motor, it can be raced and I would watch.

That was actually Champ Car series. The inagural race in San Jose used a strip of road that crossed a rail road track. The drivers bitched and this year they re-designed the course. Fortunately, they won't be racing there next year because street courses suck. Unfortunately, a lot of open wheel series are leaning towards them, especially Champ Car.

That was actually Champ Car series. The inagural race in San Jose used a strip of road that crossed a rail road track. The drivers bitched and this year they re-designed the course. Fortunately, they won't be racing there next year because street courses suck. Unfortunately, a lot of open wheel series are leaning towards them, especially Champ Car.

No I could have swore it was F1 there are no Ferraris in Champ Car.

Then what makes you think you can race a stock car? They might have been trolly tracks or something.

Completely different environment. That 800 (750 or less, to be exact, 500 on big ovals) hp is used in a roll-on, roll off fashion on a speedway. Your not banging gears in a tunnel. Seriously, go back and watch that video, then watch an in car of Talladega or even Bristol. Totally different.

The cars, also different. Being that an F1 car is set up for handling, it will be inherently hindered in a drag race. The F2005 STILL did a low 9 second 1/4 mile at the start of every race. Cup cars do a 1/4 slightly slightly faster than your STI, maybe. Acceleration out of the corners in the two cars is night and day.

Secondly, I said I wouldn't be scared, per your first accusation. You didn't say anything about being good at it. ;) I'd need to practice for an hour or two. :burn:

Being that an F1 car is set up for handling, it will be inherently hindered in a drag race. The F2005 STILL did a low 9 second 1/4 mile at the start of every race. Cup cars do a 1/4 slightly slightly faster than your STI, maybe. :burn:

Road and Track did a thing a few years ago where they ran a F1 car on a 1/4 mile. it was close to 11 flat.

When you watch F1 coverage they love to show the accelerometer in order for you to see what kind of G's the driver experiences. Anything up to 5 G's in any direction is the norm for them. I'd like to see the same metering applied to a stock car for a comparison. I imagine at cookie-cutter tracks like Charlotte they come close to matching it laterally, but they don't have the added pressure of those 5 G's pulling them forward when they brake multiple times per lap, like the F1 drivers.