gt35r vs. t3/t4

Reed44

I am also a evo owner and i have done a ton of research and experience on different turbos with it. I had the evoVIII stock turbo at 371whp on slowmotion dyno at 25psi on pump gas full spoll at 3200 in third. Then i went to the 20GLT and wow the power and exact same spool. No dyno numbers, but i trapped 119 on pump and the person i sold the turbo to just went 11.3 i believe with it on pump i believe. Then i went to the 35r. Its makes full spool at 4600 now that doesn't seem laggy but there is nothing below that 4600, i mean nothing, a kid on a moped will kill me if i was forced to shift at 5k. yes it is way faster than the stock and 20g but it feels like you have to kill the car for it to make power, shifting at 8k. I don't have any dyno numbers for the 20glt or the gt35 cause my stock clutch has given up i am just to busy to change it out.

Oh yeah if you talk to any of the major shops there is only a few street turbos for the evo. Stock, 20gLT, and the gt35r.

They sell the other kits cause people ask for them and they are in the business of making money.

bud, if you want any where from 350awhp to 400awhp go with the gt3076, on my evo8 i had a 35r stock head stock buttom end on pump gas 19psi i laid down over 410awhp and you wont get spool up till at least 4500rpm

bud, if you want any where from 350awhp to 400awhp go with the gt3076, on my evo8 i had a 35r stock head stock buttom end on pump gas 19psi i laid down over 410awhp and you wont get spool up till at least 4500rpm

for some reason i heard that your evo was making atleast 500 whp.

Guest v8_What?
really not hard at all too hit 500+ in a evo.....I would think to get to that point with a 3076 you are going to need something extra....race gas, meth, etc. My 35r made 483/482 on 32psi falling to 27psi with a exhaust leak at the wastegate. I fixed it and now it is not falling at all holding 32psi to redline. I am sure I am over the 500+ mark now!!

506 on race fuel is not too shabby at all. I am sure I am over the 500 mark with pump 93 and meth!!! :D boy slomo did a really good job tuning! no regrets here!!

well i just ordered a 35r so we'll see how things go. i'm shooting for low 400. shouldn't be to much of a problem. we'll see how laggy everyone says the 35R is.

506 on race fuel is not too shabby at all. I am sure I am over the 500 mark with pump 93 and meth!!! :D boy slomo did a really good job tuning! no regrets here!!

damn hardass your soo cool, why dont you pm me a place to meet you so i can introduce myself

Guest v8_What?

If you want to meet it will have to be later in the month now! It is the start of a new month and my hell breaks lose usually the first few weeks of every month. I am a Marine Recruiter so you can imagine the pain I go through on a daily basis.

And Garrett where is New Albany? How far is that from Richmond, IN. I have no clue where anything is in OH except for Dayton and Columbus. that is about it. oops and Cinci been to the Childrens hospital 1 time!!

Evo_Nick congrats on the purchase. What supportting mods do you have? I made 414 on 22psi. That is around the usual with a 35r! here is a list of my mods to give ya something to compare too! built head, HKS 280 cams, supertec valves and valve springs, (no porting), stock bottom end, 880cc's, 34x12x4 row intercooler(yes it is big I know), 2 1/2 in piping, 3 in foll exhaust, and of course AEM EMS with eugo and 3.5bar map sensors!!! that should give you a little to compare by!

Evo_Nick congrats on the purchase. What supportting mods do you have? I made 414 on 22psi. That is around the usual with a 35r! here is a list of my mods to give ya something to compare too! built head, HKS 280 cams, supertec valves and valve springs, (no porting), stock bottom end, 880cc's, 34x12x4 row intercooler(yes it is big I know), 2 1/2 in piping, 3 in foll exhaust, and of course AEM EMS with eugo and 3.5bar map sensors!!! that should give you a little to compare by!

HKS 272 cams, springs and retainers, 780cc's, 2.5" IC piping. 3" exhaust, still have stock IC for now. and no engine mang. system yet.

Guest v8_What?
you should have no prob hitting 400+ at all with those mods. get ready for a hard pull. when the little lag is gone it hits pretty hard! you should try some 32PSI......It scares the hell out of me everytime!!! :rolleyes: