b14 Turbo project

Liv2die

Hello every1, just wanting some advice. I have a 97 sentra that im turbo'ing and im almost done but want to know if my setup is safe. Im using a T25 turbo from a bluebird, a walbro 255 fuel pump, a 1st gen eclipse/talon bov and sidemount intercooler, have the boost and air/fuel ratio gauge, and an OBX 10:1 FMU (rising rate).

Get rid of the FMU...buy either a standalone or another typer of fuel computer (ie. Apexi SAFC etc.), get bigger injectors,...buy an AEM wideband a/f ratio gauge and toss that light show in the garbage, and CALL Slowmotion Motorsports for further advise/help at 614-372-0304. Tell'em Anthony sent ya.

Well this was just going to be a temporary setup until this spring. when that time came i was planning to get a safc, 300zx tt fuel injectors, and a maf from a 240, and raise the boost to ten pounds. just wanting to know will my engine handle the current setup?

All the advice above is correct. i wouldnt boost anymore than 10 lbs on the stock internals. 12psi might be ok but i wouldnt push it.A/F gauges are narrow band and are only good for light shows. They are nowhere near correct. Get a good wide band, innovative and aem units are both good. SAFC is about the only tunning tool i have found. You might also think about a aeromotive Fuel pressure regulator.

use the 255 pump. use the stock ga fuel pump box(the sr20 ones have smaller holes). you will be fine with a jwt reprogram or a calum basic or realtime. 12 psi should be fine. with a good tune. dont do anything without injectors. the sr20 maf is good for about 250hp.